Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: MUTE SYSTEM IS STILL BAD AND FLAWED. VALVE YOU LIED TO US.

MUTE SYSTEM IS STILL BAD AND FLAWED. VALVE YOU LIED TO US.

EDIT : July 16th, 2013 5:16pm ~ If you want most if not, all of your questions answered, please read the entire thread rather than posting questions and statements already explained. Thank you and have a nice day.

UPDATE JULY 15TH, 2013. 11:32AM ~ I don't care if the mute system is fixed or broken. I want it removed. I'd rather hear someone flame then just mute them than see someone spam "Well played!" nonstop. Its obnoxious and just making things worse. Before people could spam and flame to vent out their anger and you could just mute them. Now they purposely ruin games by feeding or getting courier killed since they can't talk. Also I can't even die and say "fuck" without 11 other people immediately typing in "report, report" its like the moment you see one person remotely break the rules you try to get everyone to report that person. Its turning this community into a bunch of 10 year olds that need Valve to hold their hand. Also just because someone is flaming in one game, you think they're going to flame in all their games? It depends on one's mood. When I know I'm mad, I just go on my smurf to just screw around. Even now, people may say the mute system is fine, yes its gotten slightly better, however, if you are unlucky and get with trolls 5 games in a row, you can still get muted due to reports. I don't want it fixed or broken, I want it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Let me read the patch notes :

COMMUNITY
    - Implemented more lenient algorithm for communication bans that takes into account how many games are played.
    - Reset communication ban lengths if a player has not been banned in two weeks.
    - Reset all existing communication bans as part of the recent algorithm changes.

I got my mute removed today because of the patch and before the patch removing mutes I've been muted numerous times for no reason.

I played 2 actual games after the update. Both were horrible, both with trolls, both made me want to quit Dota 2, so I took a break. I came back on, started playing the Training Missions that were just released in this patch. I reach the "The War Begins : Play with Humans" I matchmake, I get a game, then I go to type what lane I'm going to. "No one hears you, you're account has been flagged as disruptive, you're muted for another 22 hours". I just laugh, because I'm more than 100% sure I got muted again because of trolls. Let me explain the games I played.

1st game -

I played Phantom Lancer, I was doing very good getting farm got a quick midas, however... there was a Bounty Hunter and Shadow Demon that ruined the game. First off, we had a Bounty Hunter that was trash talking the team the entire game. Because my friend was arguing with him, I didn't mute him. I was telling him to stop arguing and try to win the game, instead he tells me to stfu and that he reported me for doing nothing. When in actuality, I was split pushing, not attending fights. I wasn't attending fights because they focused me since they had detection and because Shadow Demon went 20 minute midas and afked in the jungle THE ENTIRE GAME. Whenever they focused me Shadow Demon was never there to use disruption and interrupt their initiation. Also when they were first attacking our racks him and me teleported back, and you know what he did? He disrupted himself and threw out a couple of shadow poisons and walked back to base. This Shadow Demon didn't say a single thing all game. Not a single ward all game and didn't even bother buying courier or flying courier. Our poor Nyx was forced to shoulder hard support. I presume Shadow Demon and Bounty Hunter reported me. Bounty Hunter probably reported me because I was split pushing rather than fighting fights that we would obviously lose. Shadow Demon probably reported me because I told him to stop messing up my last hits (I said it twice, thats it). Also some more people may have reported me for saying "Bad Game" at the end.

2nd game -

I played as Keeper of the Light in Compendium Matchmaking. I ended up in a game with a 4 stack on my team. Because top lane is usually difficult on dire side, I usually jungle my level 2 as Keeper of the Light. However my team raged and got mad at me for jungling instead of laning. It ended up well, I got a 7 minute midas and some other things. The thing is, my team kept hating on me for jungling and hated on me even more for picking up a midas. They raged at me all game even though I got a fast mekansm and defended towers with ease. We ended up losing due to my team's incompetence. Magnus went daedulus over refresher orb. Naix picked up a 20 minute midas. Nyx Assassin constantly ran in even though they obviously have detection. Lone Druid did fine though. We lost the game and my team all blamed it on me for jungling my first few levels and getting a midas. Not only did all of them report me, they also asked the other team to report me. The worst part was them screaming in chat and on their mics speaking Spanish. I muted them fast though so that I didn't have to listen to them.

TLDR -

Right after getting unmuted because of the patch, I got muted again after 2 games due to trolls. Not only does this show that the patch did nothing, it shows how abusable and flawed it still is.
    Last edited by Djdkdjdkdjdk; 07-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    ========================= / / / / / =========================

==== / / / / / ==============================================

===================================/ / / / /================

bump
    ========================= / / / / / =========================

==== / / / / / ==============================================

===================================/ / / / /================

Basic Member
    It's more lenient, you see. Before the patch it would only take one report.
    Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Treads View Post
    It's more lenient, you see. Before the patch it would only take one report.
    Working as intended.
    my friend got muted after 1 game. http://dotabuff.com/players/75537720

it was the mirana game, and they won the game...

welcome to dota. where noobs think you are the noob

Banned
    Mute system is the ultimate troll tool.
    If you play single queue you will either get muted or play with the muted.

When I investigated Valve I typically saw that they’re unaware of how the mute system is coming across to other players in-game.

Basic Member
    Your post seems to be well written and filled with arguments that support your case. Why did you choose to use an all caps title which will most likely get the thread removed?

Basic Member
    This might be off topic, but you were jungling in a compendium match? With kotl?! Midas?!?
    I absolutely agree with your team mates then! The Compendium match is designed by the draft and its almost never working if you dont play it as intended. They lost their already difficult lane because of you, SD+leshrac are free to kill whenever someone tries to last hit.

And then midas? Really? You spend 1900gold for a fast mek? Why not just buy the mek straight? It takes a long time until you get your midas gold back, its absoluteky not worth it.

I do understand why they reported you for this. If you want to do random things, go play all pick, wait for the carrys to enter their lane and have fun in the jungle.

Well, I at least would absolutely report you for that. Yes, you are free to whatever you want, but then again, everyone could go into the jungle. playing a compendium match like that is not ok.

Well Played!

Quote Originally Posted by Dortayo View Post
    This might be off topic, but you were jungling in a compendium match? With kotl?! Midas?!?
    I absolutely agree with your team mates then! The Compendium match is designed by the draft and its almost never working if you dont play it as intended. They lost their already difficult lane because of you, SD+leshrac are free to kill whenever someone tries to last hit.

And then midas? Really? You spend 1900gold for a fast mek? Why not just buy the mek straight? It takes a long time until you get your midas gold back, its absoluteky not worth it.

I do understand why they reported you for this. If you want to do random things, go play all pick, wait for the carrys to enter their lane and have fun in the jungle.

Well, I at least would absolutely report you for that. Yes, you are free to whatever you want, but then again, everyone could go into the jungle. playing a compendium match like that is not ok.
    Buying midas with kotl or cm does not justify communication ban.