Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Tutorial keeps Veterans away from Dota 2

  1. #11
    Basic Member IAmStaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by pudge View Post
    its good for new players but no doubt it should be skipping because its a annoying and boring waste of time for old players from dota, lol or hon
    i love your signature.

  2. #12
    Basic Member Unfawkable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    259
    Well, as much as it is boring, it just has to be unskippable for new players. It can be made shorter, or there could be some sort of a test to prove that you are a veteran player, but skippable, no way.

  3. #13
    Basic Member Unfawkable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmStaka View Post
    i love your signature.
    It's an incoherent raging thought that has a 12-year old literacy level. What exactly are you loving about it?

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganonmaster View Post
    I can't stress this enough. Last night I wanted to hop in and play Dota 2 with a friend who is familiar with Dota and dota style games but never played Dota 2. Well that didn't work quite as planned, because he was forced to complete the tutorial first. 3 tutorial maps, 10 middle lane practice matches and 5 full games against bots and 10 random games with a limited hero pool. You can not tell me that takes less than half an hour. We didn't get around to playing together that night, and it looks like we won't be playing tonight either. It's eaten up 8 hours of his time to this point. Time we would have liked to spend playing together and not fighting bots on easy mode.

    I can understand that Valve wants to help new players and stop smurfing, but this is stopping people from playing together or even having them consider playing at all. In my opinion, if you wanted to casually jump in and play some games with your friends, you should be able to do so.



    tbh if you party mm with someone who is familiar with dota 2 likes but haven'T played dota 2 yet, you are only ruining 8 others who prob already played abit the fun. tell me whatever i played dota 1 to death and i needed 5 games to get used to it. nah you prob 400-500 games and want to mm with someone who has 0 games?

    conclusion epic idea super valve.

  5. #15
    Although i like your name, this is not correct, Heisenber6.

    You always play in a pool with people around your profile level, so you play with newbies when you start the game and the more wins you get, you achieve a higher level and you play with people in that level area. There was never a big problem, sometime your enemies are a bit more noobie, sometimes someone in your team this is just a normal thing that happens.

    Now you have a low level pool full with sucking snipers, because they need to finish their tutorial games with other players and play rightclick-to-win or idk ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Unfawkable View Post
    Well, as much as it is boring, it just has to be unskippable for new players. It can be made shorter, or there could be some sort of a test to prove that you are a veteran player, but skippable, no way.
    It was skippable/not existing for everyone in the last 2 years, i dont get your point!
    Last edited by deathdragonaw; 07-09-2013 at 11:12 PM.

  6. #16
    Basic Member MeatShake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    355
    You know maybe dota 1 and dota 2 are different games and it might be nice to get a quick crash course to be sure the controls are similar or if any changed. Just a thought...

    I play a sequel of the game and still go into options to check the controls, it's perfectly normal. Last hitting may not be a new thing but the game will feel different and you have to get used to it, mind as well let the vets dip their toes in before they join an actual game and can't recognize something as clearly as they remember in warcraft.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    742
    If it will get skippable it is a free ticket for multiple accounts as soon as your main account gets into lpq or muted. See it as protection from that.

  8. #18
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11
    It should not under any circumstances be skippable
    When you play, you play with 9 other people and if you are bad you ruin the game for all the others playing

    The tutorial teaches a player a lot of stuff, if he started off playing without the tutorial he would eventually learn all those things with time but it would take a while.

    IMO the tutorial should cover more aspects of the game
    Such as vision high ground and low grond
    Miss chances
    Item knowledge etc
    Like if you reach level 3 another tutorial comes up teaching you about warding etc
    I do hope this gets implemented

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    noone. they are new to the game, they can build whatever item they wish.
    at a certain point dota players will look for new strategies and builds or simply copy their stronger opponents. that's how dota worked for most of us in the past and there is no reason for it to not work the same anymore.
    Well this point is really correct, thats how i learned to play the game. I would always pick the hero that raped me in the last game and then build exactly the same.

    But there is 1 big problem, in Warcraft 3 we had other maps to play, people joining dota1 would always have some of minor controlling and a clue what to do and stuff. But in dota 2 there are no custom maps that makes the game bit harder to play for new people because they dont know what to do (only if they come from lol, hon or this new 3rd person thing dont know how it is called)

  10. #20
    veterans dont need any smurfs
    they already invited long time ago here

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •