Thread: Recommended starting items.

Recommended starting items.

I believe Valve should get Kevin "Purge" Godec to revise and re-do the recommended starting items. He's versed in dota, and often speaks of the recommended items' inaccuracy. Since Valve is already so community oriented, I think dota 2 would profit from this greatly.

Basic Member
    and I believe valve should get icefrog to revise and re-do the recommended starting items. He's versed in dota, and often speaks of the items period. Since valve ARE already so community oriented, i think dota 2 would profit from this greatly.

Similarly how there's that book icon that shows you various other players build for hero's that can really help. If purge wants to make his own build page then he can do it and it will be in the game, similarly to how others have.

Basic Member
    Purge builds his items situationally, he doesn't have much of a static build most of the times. Plus he's already made a few builds for certain heroes.

The recommendations are good as bad as they are.

If the recommendations were good new players will never follow them without thinking the reasons why those items are good, and then they will never think out of the box, like all those guys who follow the pro itembuilds, shit I still see morphlings rushin EB...

Let them realize by their own why VG is bad on alch,