Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Taunts / Hero messages

^^You could simplify it into lanes instead of heroes, or just have them call missing in general.
    Personally, I would have it be based on location. So say you're playing in bottom lane, you press a hotkey for your MIA call:

*Your hero knows they are bottom lane, based on boundingbox coordinates, then says something like "They're missing down here!" with a voice clip. Could pull from a pool of a few options for variation.

*Then it displays it in chat, like "glohkamp(kunka): They're missing down here!"

*Maybe even ping the lane.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
    Not possible, too many combinations to make it worth it. Every hero should have a response to every other hero missing + they would have to make at least two not to sound too repetitive, do you realize how many sounds that is?
    Have you seen how many sounds there are for each hero? Each hero already has 10+ minutes of sounds.

Basic Member
    everything is possible! XD +1 for this!

Basic Member
    i think it would be awsome! but the reports of sound spam are going to burst into heaven...
    it would be cool that you could chek something in settings to mute the sounds that are no necesary, like push/no hero/back, etc..

+1 here ... i love this ...
    valve can add this , really ez for valve
    support this thread GUYS .
    it will really improve the game

as u know we have this on Counter Strike
    z(1,2,3,4) x(1,2,3,4) c(1,2,3,4)
    i remember z1 was COVER ME !!! or something like this
    Last edited by joker; 12-30-2011 at 12:48 PM.

+100000 i like this
    EZ for valve
    all of us know valve can do it so easy

Basic Member
    +1 support this

+1

Yeah this is good, especially when people don't read the chat and don't see misses

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tialys View Post
    Instead of people writing miss, ss/ss2, b, all mid, push etc, why not make it so that the heroes say that ?
    Exactly like in when you issue radio messages in counter strike for exemple, except each hero would say it in his own way. (I'd love to hear veno say "Push it all the way through" to say push this lane for exemple xD)

Also, this could be extended to taunts like they existed in age of empires. You write a number and your hero says something funny.

Giving the already great hero voices in dota2, I think at least the first idea is worth trying
    ALL HAIL KING OF THE LOSERS!