Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Taunts / Hero messages

Basic Member

Taunts / Hero messages

Instead of people writing miss, ss/ss2, b, all mid, push etc, why not make it so that the heroes say that ?
    Exactly like in when you issue radio messages in counter strike for exemple, except each hero would say it in his own way. (I'd love to hear veno say "Push it all the way through" to say push this lane for exemple xD)

Also, this could be extended to taunts like they existed in age of empires. You write a number and your hero says something funny.

Giving the already great hero voices in dota2, I think at least the first idea is worth trying

Basic Member
    Yeah, that would be an awesome addition to command your hero to report different things globally to your teammates, it will really feel they are interacting with eachother! This might also help those who do not notice someone typing "ss mid" and etc. in the chat.

Edit: The question is if it would be too much sounds all the time during gameplay. Those sounds should only be heard by the players and not spectators/casters and there should be something that prevent people to spam those commands all the time.
    Last edited by Porre; 12-03-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Basic Member
    Sounds like a good concept, but I doubt everyone have sound on. :/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murre View Post
    Sounds like a good concept, but I doubt everyone have sound on. :/
    It can also write a message on chat as the character says something.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlworld View Post
    It can also write a message on chat as the character says something.
    +1

i support this +1

Jessica Y U So Cute !!♥

Basic Member
    +1

simply and awesome idea

+1
    one thing valve is doing beautifully is immersion into the game. when you play a hero, you feel like you ARE that hero. when you deny, they taunt the enemy with a deny. when you kill someone, they interact. more immersion = better experience = more enjoyable game.

Basic Member
    not bad idea... but knowing that people just would spam "radio messages" which sound funny would suck..

Basic Member
    They should have an option to turn off specifically those sounds but the text would appear no matter of what in team chat like pjlworld suggested (great idea!). Selecting for example "ss mid" would also take less time than actually typing it so it would be great improvement and excourage players to report these things to their teamplayers and learn more about the game, there should also be some sort of spam protection of those sounds.