Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 for Mac OS X

Basic Member
    Had a similar issue to the already stated mouse issue. The game was not played today so this may have been fixed.

I was playing and went to cast the Orchid silence but the game ended (ancient destroyed) before I could cast. My mouse was stuck as the "crosshair" from casting orchid when I returned to the menu.

Basic Member

well whatever it still early beta test and I really appreciate for bringing this game in to Mac World

Basic Member
    And a fix for searching the game and minimising dota2 to dock is needed asap. If I search for a game while dota2 is minimised, I get no alert what so ever that dota2 found a game!

Also, plz fix dual/triple monitor thing... I have to disconnect my other screens just to play a game of dota2

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ppo View Post
    And a fix for searching the game and minimising dota2 to dock is needed asap. If I search for a game while dota2 is minimised, I get no alert what so ever that dota2 found a game!

Also, plz fix dual/triple monitor thing... I have to disconnect my other screens just to play a game of dota2
    i dont have problem with dual monitor, macbook air + monitor, everything works perfect. on the macbook screen is playing dota on other screen is opened safari.
    MacBook Air
    13-inch, Mid 2013
    Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 (Haswell)
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software: OS X 10.8.4 (12E3067)

Basic Member
    Hope Valve makes DotA 2 available for Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion. D:

EDIT: I've read some comments and DotA 2 seems to work with 10.8.3 Mountain Lion, can anyone help me how? I've been trying to install it but it doesnt allow me.

EEDIT: So DotA 2 Test is the only available download so far?
    Last edited by ptrlyd; 07-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes, mac and linux clients are in testing right now, you can play bot games with friends right now but you will have to wait for full release to play online matchmaking.

Basic Member
    osx10.8.4
    cpu e5800
    gpu ati4830
    memory 4g
    aways 30FPS and have a problem when switch programes ,when switched dota2 back,my mouse can't work and I must swtich again

Basic Member
    Oh yes i've tried it out. It seems that the resolution is kinda crappy right now. Can't really op it the way i want

Basic Member
    15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display
    2.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
    OSX 10.8.4

Graphically everything seems to run somewhat well. Having problems with framerate

I have also just tried the official mac dota 2 release, agree with weed that everything seems to run fairly ok, but the main problem is the fps, it jumps up and down which makes the game rather unplayable, also there is some problem with the sound not starting up until like 1-2 min after the game has start.
    Another issue I see is the official mac dota 2's graphics quality in general seems a little poor when compared to the official window version.

p.s. I am using the 15" retina macbook pro early 2013 model.
    Last edited by Jacky Tsoi; 07-18-2013 at 07:19 PM.