Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 for Mac OS X

glad to see that everyone is having the same few issues with the official dota 2 mac version, there is also a topic about the bad graphics issues at github: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/256, and I have given quite a detailed comment about it, hope the dota 2 devs can look into it.

Basic Member
    Everyone got this prob
    im pretty sure valve is working on the mac client and hopefully by the next update it is fixed

Basic Member
    Early 2011 Macbook Pro

Running 10.7.5
    2.5 Ghz Intel Quad Core i7
    16gb 1333 Mhz DDR3
    Also running an SSD, not that it matters.

Game runs great most of the time. Graphics are fine, no frame rate drops.

However, the client crashes on me every now and then in the middle of a game. Unbelievably frustrating, especially when a big team fight is about to go down.
    Also, when restarting the client after it has crashed, it seems to take 2-3 minutes to "Connect to the Dota 2 Network"... and when it finally does connect, the audio is out for about a minute or so.

It's completely playable otherwise. Just frustrating to crash out. I'll post a bug report in a thread when it happens again.

Basic Member
    Getting fps drops too. I get about 20-30 fos at start but drops to below 10 on fights.

Even the glyphs and the battle bonus animations drops the fps.

Also, I think the loss of sound can also be attributed in the frame drops. Happens most of the time when frames are dropped.

One thin I also noticed is that the chat doesn't normally appear especially when sending out signals of ppl missing. Idk if this can also be brought by the frame drops.

Please join Japanese in the game as soon as possible, as well as the collapse of the official version as soon as possible to solve the problem

Basic Member
    Macbook Air Mid 2011
    Running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
    Processor 1.7 Ghz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Game crashes mid game. Fps is low and no sound in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillaan View Post
    Early 2011 Macbook Pro

Running 10.7.5
    16gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

However, the client crashes on me every now and then in the middle of a game. Unbelievably frustrating, especially when a big team fight is about to go down.
    Also, when restarting the client after it has crashed, it seems to take 2-3 minutes to "Connect to the Dota 2 Network"... and when it finally does connect, the audio is out for about a minute or so.

It's completely playable otherwise. Just frustrating to crash out. I'll post a bug report in a thread when it happens again.
    I have EXACTLY the same problem as this guy. I really hope this gets fixed soon

Mid 2011 iMac
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    OSX 10.8.4

Quote Originally Posted by Sillaan View Post
    Early 2011 Macbook Pro

Running 10.7.5
    16gb 1333 Mhz DDR3

I have EXACTLY the same problem as this guy. I really hope this gets fixed soon

Mid 2011 iMac
    2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    OSX 10.8.4

Basic Member
    I am experiencing the same issues as everyone else apparently with the fuzzy definition of the screen in full screen with the correct dimensions and the game shutting down after 10 minutes of watching live games (do not wanna risk playing a game till this is fixed). My Mac's specs are listed below so I am wondering if the age of my computer is also causing these issues along with the juvenility of the client? It runs perfectly on Bootcamp otherwise.

Mid 2009 Macbook Pro:
    2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    OSX 10.8.4

Somebody can help me config hotkey dota2 on MacOs i can't use F buttons for focus hero, purchase items ,........