Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Dota 2 for Mac OS X

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmm0nky View Post
    Fixed the problem as in no more crashes? Could you help list out the steps needed to verify? Thanks in advance
    found it... Verifying in progress, will post update after a few games...

Basic Member
    Can the new macbook run dota 2? the one with the 3 colors gold gray and silver? not asking for high settings.. can it run decently?

Basic Member
    I think Dota 2 is not playable in the new MacBook. For sure you will get very low FPS, Im playing Dota to on a CTO iMac late 2013 with max out specs. Works fine but always crash. Been playing dota on my iMac for two years already, it is playable on Mac but will always disconnect form the game when it crashes. Such a long issue between Apple and Valve

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc_workx View Post
    I think Dota 2 is not playable in the new MacBook. For sure you will get very low FPS, Im playing Dota to on a CTO iMac late 2013 with max out specs. Works fine but always crash. Been playing dota on my iMac for two years already, it is playable on Mac but will always disconnect form the game when it crashes. Such a long issue between Apple and Valve
    Exact the same problem. iMac 2013, Yosemite and every match a crash.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012(i5 2.5gb, 8gb ram, intel graphics card 1gb)....Dota 2 Reborn FPS is avg 40 with basic settings as fastest which falls to 30 if I move the screen even an inch. I don't think it's possible at all to enjoy the game with a rate of below 60 fps. The previous engine used to give me around 70 fps with most of the graphics options such as Ambient Occlusion and Specular switched on.

Can't you guys simply provide the previous engine Dota 2 support until all the reborn related fps bugs are fixed on Mac?

Not left with any other option but to take a break from Dota 2 and check every couple of days whether the fps has improved or not.

MacBook Pro Mid 2015 w/ macOS Sierra -> Had no fps problems in the past 2 years, been constanly playing Dota2 with 100-120 fps, but now I have 20-30 fps constantly and its just unplayable. This happened after one of the patches after the compendium and I had to abandon many games please address this issue.