Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 for Mac OS X

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    What are your Mac's specifications, Sytler? We're still working on performance issues during this test phase of the Mac client.
    You got PM

Basic Member

i got 10.6.8 will it work ?

please help!

Basic Member
    Just downloaded to my 2013 Macbook Pro (Retina, with all specs maxed). I'm having a lot of problems with the client so far. I'm not overly tech savvy, so please forgive me if misuse any of the techno-lexicon. Getting Dota2 to work on my Mac would be amazing, so I want to pitch in anyway...

The main issue so far is that everything (menus and game) looks to be behind a kind of "fuzz," making it look like everything was stretched to fix the screen. I've had this problem with a few other programs (for example, Spotify prior to a fairly recent update), so I'm assuming it's related to the Retina screen. (Am I allowed to post screenshots?/rehost to imgur?)

Feel free to post screenshots. Have you tried changing the resolution settings?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EG.SunfisH View Post
    Just downloaded to my 2013 Macbook Pro (Retina, with all specs maxed). I'm having a lot of problems with the client so far. I'm not overly tech savvy, so please forgive me if misuse any of the techno-lexicon. Getting Dota2 to work on my Mac would be amazing, so I want to pitch in anyway...

The main issue so far is that everything (menus and game) looks to be behind a kind of "fuzz," making it look like everything was stretched to fix the screen. I've had this problem with a few other programs (for example, Spotify prior to a fairly recent update), so I'm assuming it's related to the Retina screen. (Am I allowed to post screenshots?/rehost to imgur?)
    I had that issue, you will be able to change the resolution to 1440 x 900 (Retina "Best") if you make sure that you have the proper 16:10 ratio set. It comes set to the lower aspect ratio for some reason.

Personally I was getting pretty decent FPS until someone messaged me on steam, then I started getting horrible FPS loss and actually had to close the program.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    i got 10.6.8 will it work ? please help!
    You need Mac OS X Lion 10.7 or later in order to play Dota 2. You can upgrade to Mountain Lion for just $19.99 in the Mac App Store here, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x...512?ls=1&mt=12

Basic Member
    Thank you for NOT supporting Snow Leopard. It is old OS. I know it is a relatively popular OS, but being able to keep pushing the standards forward is good for everyone. I wonder if you guys are using the 3.2 core OGL profile now?

Will this be pushed to the main client with the rest of patch or will it remain on the test client until it is considered out of beta?

I look forward to doing some testing with this tonight! Thanks for supporting Mac users!

Basic Member
    I can't remotely download the test client through the iOS application. Dota 2 itself shows up but is obviously not available for my platform, and I've been in the beta for over a year so I should have a license. Is this a limitation for 'beta' software ( I notice the TF2 and CS:S betas aren't controllable from steam for iOS but they at least show up)?

This may be because your desktop client needs to be restarted in order to pick up the Dota 2 Test update that is now marked for the Mac platform.

Basic Member
    OMG VOLVO I LOVE YOU

Testing on a hackintosh. Let's see how it goes.