Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 for Linux

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Dota 2 for Linux is now available on the Dota 2 Test client.
    Thank you.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by tpae View Post
    When is OS X coming out? I've been waiting forever.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post651976

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Dota 2 Linux Minimum System Requirements:
    [...]
    nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT
    Actually it works perfectly on my 9500GT.

Basic Member
    Oof, getting 7 frames per second average on the absolute lowest settings on an HD 7770 and some AMD quad core. Crashes on locally hosted games, as well, but that seems to have been reported.

Is the game playable for anyone with AMD cards? Or is it only playable for people with Nvidia ones?
    Last edited by Terin7; 07-10-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terin7 View Post
    Oof, getting 7 frames per second average on the absolute lowest settings on an HD 7770 and some AMD quad core. Crashes on locally hosted games, as well, but that seems to have been reported.

Is the game playable for anyone with AMD cards? Or is it only playable for people with Nvidia ones?
    AFAIK sadly AMD hates linux, they doesn't have good linux driver support, nag AMD for that (but I wanted to upgrade my nvidia 210 to AMD soon )

Disclaimer: I'm not an native English speaker

Basic Member
    It seems each time I try to change my audio speaker setting in the audio tab, my dota 2 test client immediately closes. I try to change the speaker setting from headphones to 2 speakers or 4 speakers or even just clicking on headphones. after that, soon as I switch tab from audio to video or even try to go play by clicking on the play tab, dota 2 test immediately closes. Also, should I be bothered that on the sound device setting, it says "textfield"?

Currently testing the waters on Linux Mint 14 nadia. also some other attempts to change a different setting in the same column as the speaker setting triggers the immediate close as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonbornEngineer View Post
    AFAIK sadly AMD hates linux, they doesn't have good linux driver support, nag AMD for that (but I wanted to upgrade my nvidia 210 to AMD soon )
    I'm able to get pretty good performance on all other games Valve has ported so far. The seven frames per second is not just because AMD drivers aren't as good, and AMD drivers alone. Valve have gotten it to work before, so it's either a bug or issue with AMD drivers in the current client build, or something quirky on my end. I really wish people would stop parroting "lol well amd sucks why bother", it's not really helping, and it's not true.
    Last edited by Terin7; 07-10-2013 at 05:03 PM.

My head is about to explode

Basic Member
    playing as sniper atm, portrait animation doesnt do animation when sniper speaks. just seems to stay the same.

Edit: done playing a practice with bots. fps seems rough but I expected that. to elaborate on above, not just sniper, seems whenever a hero speaks, the portrait animation fails to reflect this. the Portrait animation itself is fine but it stays the same. Only time i noticed the portrait animation working properly, speaking with the audio the hero says is when the battle starts after warmup and the hero says their designated line for battle start. Another time it works is when my hero takes damage and says his lines for taking damage.

Linux mint 14 nadia. nvidia gt320, i5 650.
    Last edited by Turok; 07-10-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Basic Member
    Thank you so much for bringing the game to linux.
    Last edited by eastblue; 07-10-2013 at 07:16 PM.