Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please make a tutorial about map vision, wards and invisibility detection

more 5 tutorial

ohh look a tutorial that would actually be useful, srly Valve just stop making tutorials and just give us the tools to make the tutorials for you, I'm sorry Valve but you have absolutely no idea how to make tutorials!

Basic Member
    I love the idea of the tutorial and I really need somethig like this but to master this I think you really need the expererience more than anything to get to use the minimaps; As a new player I was too busy trying to look at the main screen and figure out what I should be doing to look at the minimap or even be aware of the surroundings, so I was caught out a lot. I still do but with more experience I got more aware and remind myself to look at the minimap to see how things go down now. I don't expect people learning through tutorials to learn everything about DOTA 2 with tutorials as it's a really complex game to master but to be aware of such a topic would be a great improvement.

+1

Basic Member
    I like this idea, it'd be difficult to get some of the nuances of map awareness and warding into a tight tutorial package, but leaving the issue out all together is a disservice to a dedicated new player.

I'm always looking curiously at the non-functional "play with a mentor" button. These sorts of concepts would be best learned with someone to show you the ropes. I could teach someone lane control and warding in 20 minutes. Map awareness takes practice and experience, but a mentor could quickly and easily give some tips about positioning and strategy.

Basic Member
    Valve values user content and soon we will probably see a way for us create the tutorials themselves. Just like guides, but with a more complex and involved workshop feel. I hope this happens real soon. I just worry if they should try to monetize on it or not... hopefully not.
    I'm sorry Valve, but the only way I know how to coach players is with tough love.

We all play for fun, try hards are just WAY BETTER than you. Read this.

dev.dota2.com is about development, if you want to QQ about your last match (trust me, matchmaking algorithm has nothing to do with it): Click here

I approve of this idea.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Really good idea, not obvious for new players.

Basic Member
    +1 add in there additional information like "There are many ways to play support, some heroes can be played in a variety of ways."
    Remove the report system please. It's unnecessary, unwanted and not working.