Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Low fps and no sound issue

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenpt View Post
    We just released an update that should improve performance on both Linux and OSX. Could people who have been having problems update and see if performance has improved? Please report back if it has improved (or if it hasn't).
    same here 20-30 fps, little improvement.
    MacBook Air
    13-inch, Mid 2013
    Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5 (Haswell)
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software: OS X 10.8.4 (12E3067)

Basic Member
    Overall, improvement in performance is barely noticeable. It does feel a little bit faster, but FPS meter is still showing 20–30 frames. In addition to that, Dota 2 tends to skip some of these frames – sometimes it gets so bad that there is at least one freeze-frame every 5 seconds.

Sound is still behaving weirdly. It is much better in the main menu now, but when I launch a game, sound just gives up, disappears and never returns.

A few other bugs that I would like to point out:

1. Graphics in game are oddly pixelated. Here is an example with enabled anti-aliasing and render quality on max:

2. If you turn “specular” settings off, strange glitches suddenly show up in dark areas of the map:

Top: Specular off, bottom: Specular on

3. This rectangle with black-and-white gradient has replaced the loadout:

4. Dota 2 for OS X uses wrong colour profile that makes everything blue tinted.

(Nothing like this has ever happened on the Windows side of Dota 2.)
    Last edited by Betacakes; 07-17-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Saw an update right now - 17th July.

FPS is fine until Steam Overlay pops up or shift tab is used in game. After that the frame rate is cut and is much more noticeable.

Basic Member
    17th July
    Render quality seems a bit improved in the new patch.
    FPS is improved a bit, it no longer drop to 20 fps while moving the camera.
    Looking forward to the next patch.

Basic Member
    Sometimes mini map becomes flashing...

Basic Member
    Settings->Audio->Sound Device, the only option is "Windows Default Device"...This is ridiculous on Mac...

Basic Member
    For some reason after the July 16th update my FPS became considerably worse, at an unplayable level currently, tried many different video settings but it seems nothing has an effect, tested in local bot matches and matchmaking to make sure ping wasn't playing a role, feels as if I'm playing in slow motion. Same audio problems as many above. On a mid 2012 Retina Display MBP

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E2068)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonalpha View Post
    Settings->Audio->Sound Device, the only option is "Windows Default Device"...This is ridiculous on Mac...
    This is a test client, things aren't going to be perfect. Stop complaining about insignificant things and provide useful feedback on performance and gameplay.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtlesan View Post
    For some reason after the July 16th update my FPS became considerably worse, at an unplayable level currently, tried many different video settings but it seems nothing has an effect, tested in local bot matches and matchmaking to make sure ping wasn't playing a role, feels as if I'm playing in slow motion. Same audio problems as many above. On a mid 2012 Retina Display MBP

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E2068)
    As an update to this post, it seems as if there's a correlation between the audio stuttering/lag and the fps lag, when the audio is running fine the FPS is a little better, although still far below par. Currently using 1440x900 resolution although the Retina MBP should be capable of much higher and still having significant problems, last hitting and participating in any sort of fighting is impossible. Have turned overlay off, and tested not tabbing out at all after opening Dota 2, but neither had any noticeable improvements in regards to my FPS. Anything specific I can test out for you guys to give more precise data?

Basic Member
    If you turn off the overlay fps will boost. That's quite strange.