Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Low fps and no sound issue

Basic Member
    Same issues,

funny that the only sound device available is "Windows default device" - we're on os X here but somehow magically, sound just started working a minute into my first test game.

Getting ~10-20 fps here, it is unplayable, not fixed by lowering settings.
    Mind you I am using the same machine, dual booting OS X and Windows.

i5 2500k
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1gb
    Lion 10.8
    2560x1440 @ 96hz

FPS in windows is usually at 96, almost never below 70
    Last edited by shinn; 07-18-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: specs

Basic Member
    dunno with u guys, I'm using MBP mid 2012 with HD4000 and i got solid 55-60 FPS (native res) during in game (practice with Bot).
    My Dota 2 Test client is up2date

Basic Member
    Shiny new 2012 Retina MacBook Pro, getting 10-20 fps with drops during teamfights and spells. Completely unplayable, and no audio to boot.

Basic Member
    Those of you with horrible frame rates make sure that your Steam Community is disabled in your Steam preference. Any notification from Steam will tank my FPS, but if I keep it turned off it will run a lot better.

Before launching DOTA2 go to the menubar
    Steam -> Preferences > In Game > Enable Steam Community In-Game should be UNCHECKED.

I still get more FPS swings than on Windows, but on my machine it's definitely playable.
    Hopefully, they fix this an some other bugs soon. The OpenGL shouldn't have been released yet IMO. There are still significant bugs with this version.

Basic Member
    I have the same specs as the OP, and am getting the same awful framerates and no sound. I don't have a windows install to compare at the moment, but I'm fairly sure I should be getting more than 3-10 FPS with the lowest settings.

Basic Member
    Imac Mid 2011 core quad i5, Radeon 6770 M, 8GB RAM
    Win results 65-75 FPS, Mac - 35-45
    Unplayable for me, need to use shitty BOOTCAMP again and again

Got the same problem. Got a macbook retina mid 2012, dota 2 running fine with parallels.
    On the native client I get about 10 fps and no sound..

Got Lion 10.7.5.

Installed the main client. Same problems as the Test Client.

15-35fps in OSX

55-75fps in Windows

Same machine, same settings, same resolution.

Early 2011MBP, 6750 1GB, 16GB ram. Surely this can be better.

Basic Member
    I've logged most of my DOTA2 on my PC but recently I've tried the MAC client on my 2012 15" MacBook w/Retina. I suffer from the same problem as everybody else here with the low frame-rate even on the lowest of settings; however, I've noticed that if after you select your hero, quit the game, the restart/reconnect to the game, the performance greatly improves. I was getting about 10-12 FPS even on the lowest settings and if I use that "quit-reconnect" method, I get about 80 FPS with everything ON or HIGH, except V-sync and AA, which I will test the next time I play the game.

Good luck to those of you suffering from this issue and hope this helps some of you out!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos82 View Post
    I've logged most of my DOTA2 on my PC but recently I've tried the MAC client on my 2012 15" MacBook w/Retina. I suffer from the same problem as everybody else here with the low frame-rate even on the lowest of settings; however, I've noticed that if after you select your hero, quit the game, the restart/reconnect to the game, the performance greatly improves. I was getting about 10-12 FPS even on the lowest settings and if I use that "quit-reconnect" method, I get about 80 FPS with everything ON or HIGH, except V-sync and AA, which I will test the next time I play the game.

Good luck to those of you suffering from this issue and hope this helps some of you out!

Oh sorry forgot to mention I'm running at 1440x900.

I just tested it with v-sync and AA both on. Got steady 60 FPS after the "quit-reconnect" method. So it's all maxed out except resolution at 1440x900.