Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Low fps and no sound issue

Basic Member
    Hi all, i see these messages are just 2 days before the release of the new Dota2 release (for linux and macos), I'm a right? How is the performance since then? I'm thinking of getting a Macbook air, and it would be nice to be able to play some Dota on it.

Definately playable...although you may not have the greatest luck on an Air.

So far the client is working fairly well. It plays nearly flawless against bots, but in a live game the frame rate is still noticeably slower than Windows. That being said, it is still very playable. A few difference between a bot game and a live game is also that hotkeys don't seem to function correctly in a live game, and sound is messed up in live games as well. Like I said, bot games seem to work flawlessly.

As for a Macbook Air...I don't think the hardware on an Air is going to support the demands of Dota2. Make sure you look into the hardware requirements before making your purchase.

Hey I have a 2011 13 in macbook pro, with duo core 2.4 ghz processer and intel hd graphics. Do you think I could run this game with at least 30 fps with setting on medium with shadows off and maybe even get 60 on the same settings once they fix the fps problem? Or should I shell out the money for an alienware...

Basic Member
    I've got an Alienware m18x and not super happy with it Look at me, looking for a macbook air lol