Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blurry Visuals in a 2012 MacBook air

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Blurry Visuals in a 2012 MacBook air

Hey there, first and foremost thank you for OSX support!

Now going into feedback: even at native resolution 1440X900 (I think..) with all the settings crank up, the visuals of the game look blurry. It is weird because you can see the text - UI elements pixel clear, and yet the game itself looks blurry, is like if were using correction glasses just for the UI. This doesn't seems to be the case in bootcamp (win7).

Thanks.

Have you tried cranking "Render Quality" all the way up? Sometimes it can default to a lower setting in the test client.
    ◕_◕

Quote Originally Posted by FoxCharge View Post
    Have you tried cranking "Render Quality" all the way up? Sometimes it can default to a lower setting in the test client.
    Yep, I cranked the render quality all the way up.

Basic Member
    i have the same. whole ui is super sharp, but the game area looks blurry.

inb4 yes i put render quality to the max

Basic Member
    yeah im having same issue i have all things max and what not too can't figuire it out

Quote Originally Posted by Etnos View Post
    Hey there, first and foremost thank you for OSX support!

Now going into feedback: even at native resolution 1440X900 (I think..) with all the settings crank up, the visuals of the game look blurry. It is weird because you can see the text - UI elements pixel clear, and yet the game itself looks blurry, is like if were using correction glasses just for the UI. This doesn't seems to be the case in bootcamp (win7).

Thanks.
    >properties >launch settings type in -w 1280 or w.e your screen width is, i guess 1440. it should fix this

Valve Developer
    Could you please post a screenshot? If you can post a comparison shot of the Windows 7 client on the same machine, that would be great.

Basic Member
    I don't have Windows bootcamped on my mac, but I do have it on my Linux machine. Linux is exhibiting the same slightly smaller/blurry viewport as well, and I took screenshots to compare.

Windows

Linux

Open them in seperate tabs and swap between them to see the lower quality on the Linux/Mac build.

Basic Member
    I also feel that the OS X version is blurrier than the Windows version.

Sorry for the jpeg artifacts.

I just looked at the detail on the flowers in the Radiant fountain and they are not the same. It appears that there is more detail on the Windows version of the flowers than on the OS X version.

My hardware is here.
    Hopefully, that helps track down the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Valve Developer
    I pushed a change that should make the game less blurry across the board and should now be live on the main Dota2 depot on OSX. Can you confirm it works for you?