Thread: Small issues i have

Basic Member

Small issues i have

Hi there i hope this is the correct place to post this.

I've been running dota2 for linux on ubuntu 13.04 for about a month now and it runs quite well i must say! However i have a couple of issues namely:
    • Sound in background does not work! I have to check for queue every 20 secs
    • Loading times are extremely slow; that is, when loading the game itself, and when a match is found

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

I believe there is a way to fix the weird chat but cant find it anymore, if anyone knows that will be greatly appreciated!

Basic Member
    - no game ready sound is expected to get fixed in the next patch
    - slow load times have been reported multiple times. For me, they feel reasonable but I don't have a windows install to make timed comparisons. They used to be faster in the first builds of the linux release though. But the patch that made map load much slower for me apparently also solved lots of game crashes for many people...
    - chat text being too wide is well known (filled by a valve dev) and spammed to death

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hirsute View Post
    - no game ready sound is expected to get fixed in the next patch
    - slow load times have been reported multiple times. For me, they feel reasonable but I don't have a windows install to make timed comparisons. They used to be faster in the first builds of the linux release though. But the patch that made map load much slower for me apparently also solved lots of game crashes for many people...
    - chat text being too wide is well known (filled by a valve dev) and spammed to death
    Thank you, this comforts me very much!