Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Party - Dashboard Update!!

Looking for Party - Dashboard Update!!

Hi,

Like many people in the Dota community I have plenty of people on my friends list (270+) but I have no idea if they're already in a party or if they're looking for a party. I figured I'd do some mock-ups of what I'd like to see implemented into the Dashboard.

How I decided upon this,

First I started with a nice simple button that you could click that would alert your friends (perhaps only friends already in game or at the dashboard) that you're looking for a game.

Second I made the button change colour and a popup occur when you were looking for a party.

Third I thought it would be cool if you could click the popup and it would invite them to a party.

Fourth I figured there needs to be a way to tell the players also on the dashboard you'd like to party up.

Lastly I added it all together and pointed out the changes I made.

Now I'm not proposing we put in these exact changes but I would like to see an option for players to look for a party.

edit:

To people thinking the notifications would be annoying.

Allow someone to Pop a "Looking for Party" notification to people on the Dota2 dashboard once every 5-10 minutes. If you have 5 players already in a party it won't display. If you're in game, it won't display. If you're not in Dota2 it won't display.
    You could even make it so it only pops up to other people who are currently looking for a party...
    Last edited by SubNoize; 08-11-2013 at 06:03 AM.

it would be a nice feature +1 for the popup to invite all
    Last edited by diAz; 07-15-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Basic Member
    This would be a nice feature, also if you could join public regional channels specifically LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker0 View Post
    This would be a nice feature, also if you could join public regional channels specifically LFG.
    Yeah that is always an option but it's difficult to gauge to skill level of those players. I'd prefer to play with players i know and whom I've played with before (from my friends list).

I'm adding an update to OP because people on reddit are saying the notification would annoy people.

This would be a nice feature, but we're forgetting an important fact about the Dota2 community of players....
    It's filled with a bunch of assholes lol.

Honestly though, you really want to add some stranger on your friend list who might be okay 1 day then the next they're proving why you play solo in the first place.

I can't tell you how many people I added when I first joined Dota2. I was meeting what I thought to be respectable, good players, so we would add each other for a premade team. Then later those same people are completely bullying and talking shit to other players not in the team, or to the opponents. Completely acting like a douchebag, yeah.. I don't want any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph0biA View Post
    This would be a nice feature, but we're forgetting an important fact about the Dota2 community of players....
    It's filled with a bunch of assholes lol.

Honestly though, you really want to add some stranger on your friend list who might be okay 1 day then the next they're proving why you play solo in the first place.

I can't tell you how many people I added when I first joined Dota2. I was meeting what I thought to be respectable, good players, so we would add each other for a premade team. Then later those same people are completely bullying and talking shit to other players not in the team, or to the opponents. Completely acting like a douchebag, yeah.. I don't want any of that.
    A few people keep mentioning this but what the fuck? I mean... I know who all my friends are (270+) on my friends list. I don't have random noobs who are bad mannered and if by some chance they are a bad sport it's simple to delete them. I assume yourself and the others who are suggesting this have minimal steam friends. Trust me, the more steam friends you have the harder it is to try and find a party because the more crowded your "Playing Dota" section becomes.

bump

bumpin

Basic Member
    bump!

Basic Member
    It's also nice how respectful you are by blurring out your friends' names. Very mature; I wish more of the community were like that