Thread: [Confirmed] AOE stuns do NOT cancel channeling when triggering borrowed time

Basic Member

[Confirmed] AOE stuns do NOT cancel channeling when triggering borrowed time

I have tested this and confirmed it through multiple private games with friends.

Currently, casting a NON-TARGETABLE AOE stun will not cancel Abaddon's TP if and only if the spell cast triggers the Borrowed Time. This bug does NOT work with single-target stuns such as Sven's storm bolt, all Impales, etc.

Repro:
    1. Choose Abaddon and a hero with a NON-TARGETABLE AOE STUN
    NOTE: Heroes tested and work: Leshrac stun, Lina stun, Jakiro ice path, Earthshaker fissure (NO AFTERSHOCK)
    2. Drop Abaddon's hp to roughly 450~ or so, so that the enemy spell triggers Borrowed Time
    3. Begin TPing with Abaddon
    4. Cast your stun on Abaddon

Result:
    Abaddon's borrowed time will trigger but the TP will not be canceled. Abaddon will TP to his destination.

Expected result:
    Abaddon's borrowed time is triggered. TP is canceled.

I imagine the issue is that Borrowed Time purges off all negative debuffs. It appears that Borrowed Time instantly purges off the stun on Abaddon, allowing his TP to continue as planned.
    Last edited by The Milkman; 07-15-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Very similar to kraken shell. On the stun that it procs on you don't cancel any actions. It should act as a ministun. And in fact I think any action that causes abaddon's borrowed time to trigger should cancel all actions and disjoint.

In fact ALL casts of borrowed time should disjoint. But I am not sure of the dota 2 interaction and don't have time to test right now.
    Last edited by Wyn-Ryder; 07-15-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.

triggering burrowed time by damage should cancel abaddons channeling?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah.

Post edited:
    I stand corrected below.
    Last edited by Linken; 07-16-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Basic Member
    Actually, blash is right.
    Automatic activation of borrowed time should cancel all of abaddon's order. He will actually start autoattacking in DotA 1. But that can be considered as a war3 limitation fixed in Dota2 since triggered orders always interrupt the unit even if it is windwalk.
    However, damaging stuns should cancel Abba's channel in any case because either the stun got applied before the dispel (becoming a ministun) or the stun got applied after the dispel where it does not get removed.

Volunteer Moderator
    Any damage instance which triggers borrowed time resets all orders on abaddon and cancels him channeling. Try it before you argue :P

Basic Member
    So if using a spell when abbadon is at 450 HP triggers BT, then the triggering behavior is still bugged. It's supposed to activate after taking damage when you are already below 400.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winxp View Post
    So if using a spell when abbadon is at 450 HP triggers BT, then the triggering behavior is still bugged. It's supposed to activate after taking damage when you are already below 400.
    That's a separate bug, the simple fact is that when BT activates, it should interrupt all current orders, when it exactly activates is irrelevant for this bug report.

This is fixed in Reborn.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.