Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roshans icon.

Basic Member
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm curious, doesn't that make the game "easier"? One could just look at the clock when Roshan is slain and count. If no one is kept track, then they might be punished with poor positioning to check.

Sure I'm for it, but don't mind if it wasn't implemented either. Just would be interesting to see if people are for making the skill cap higher, or just wanting to just keep it the same as Dota 1.

Basic Member
    You can be sure that 75% would be posting "-1" if the functionality was not present in DOTA 1, and for that very reason.

"lol just check time rosh was killed and add 10m not that hard"

Spending time with a wonky interface can give you a warped sense of how to implement a skill curve. All of the sudden incidental UI inconveniences become some critical separator of noob and pro. As if the game designers should set out to reward players for learning menial UI contrivances rather than interesting gameplay mechanics.

As for my personal opinion, I would like the change. It would be consistent with the behavior of the creep camp indicators, which are removed and reappear on respawn. And it changes the skill curve not the skill cap since at high levels people would know when he's coming back anyway.

Yeah it makes the game easier, but it just puts us back to what we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToEnglish View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm curious, doesn't that make the game "easier"? One could just look at the clock when Roshan is slain and count. If no one is kept track, then they might be punished with poor positioning to check.

Sure I'm for it, but don't mind if it wasn't implemented either. Just would be interesting to see if people are for making the skill cap higher, or just wanting to just keep it the same as Dota 1.
    It's true that clearing the Roshan icon would make the game "easier", but it also makes it consistent with all of the other map elements that have clear-cut visual indicators:

- the day/night cycle has a clock showing the duration of the current phase
    - creep waves spawn every 30 seconds on the game timer
    - runes spawn every 2 minutes on the game timer
    - neutral camps have their icons cleared when you kill them off, and they respawn upon the minute on the game timer

Quote Originally Posted by Zamzoph View Post
    It's true that clearing the Roshan icon would make the game "easier", but it also makes it consistent with all of the other map elements that have clear-cut visual indicators:

- the day/night cycle has a clock showing the duration of the current phase
    - creep waves spawn every 30 seconds on the game timer
    - runes spawn every 2 minutes on the game timer
    - neutral camps have their icons cleared when you kill them off, and they respawn upon the minute on the game timer
    Let's just take the clock out! That'll make the game harder!

But, If you place wards and block neutrals to spawn the opposing team wont know this, and when the minute passes in their minimap will show like there are neutrals but there are not, because the spawn has been blocked. This might also be something intended, but I am not sure, we need some dev to confirm this, whether or not it is intended.
    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.

Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    But, If you place wards and block neutrals to spawn the opposing team wont know this, and when the minute passes in their minimap will show like there are neutrals but there are not, because the spawn has been blocked. This might also be something intended, but I am not sure, we need some dev to confirm this, whether or not it is intended.
    It's probably intended and it sounds like it should stay that way.

Basic Member
    +1

+1

+1