Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Roshans icon.

Basic Member
    In my opinion it is acctualy a bugfix. For me Roshan icon being displayed even without Roshan in his pit is quite good. It requires players to remember when did Roshan die.

First of all Dota is a game not a sport! And when i start to play i want to relax and have a good time. I don't want to remember when roshan died, don't want to read a long guides. just a short instructions with ingame placeholders. like an eye sign for wards on a tall cliffs

Quote Originally Posted by VirJiL View Post
    First of all Dota is a game not a sport! And when i start to play i want to relax and have a good time. I don't want to remember when roshan died, don't want to read a long guides. just a short instructions with ingame placeholders. like an eye sign for wards on a tall cliffs
    Nailed it.

MEH. You get an alert when he dies. Look at the clock write in chat 'ROSH RESPAWNS @ ??mins' and it's not a problem.
    System Spec for Bug Reporting: CPU: Intel Core i7-920 2.67GHz (at 3801 MHz) GPU: Radeon 4870 RAM: G.Skill 3x1GB 1066Mhz, G.Skill 3x1 1600 Mhz Os: Win 7 64-bit

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse.jack View Post
    In dota 1 it told you when Roshan respawned with his icon on the minimap. when he was dead as long you visited his spot while he was dead then the icon would be gone until roshan revived and then the icon would reappear. Dota 2 should follow the same concept.
    +1 for this

Quote Originally Posted by Sagan View Post
    Yes, that would be nice. Combine that with a timer on aegis so you know when it will run out, and me and my friend won't have to yell at each other anymore when we fail to timestamp in chat when rosh is killed.
    -1 for this, aren't there already messages for 5,3 and 1 minute remaining? i think thats enough

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neraz View Post
    -1 for this, aren't there already messages for 5,3 and 1 minute remaining? i think thats enough
    There are? I haven't noticed them but if so this makes the Rosh icon disappearing/reappearing even more of a crutch for people who can't remember when Rosh was killed. Honestly I like seeing the game's skill gap increase just a bit by having to remember (on top of everything else) when Rosh died.

+1
    Making the game simpler is not our goal, making the design look simple is a whole new story. Simple look for a complex game.