Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Abbadon's Borrowed Time and Blademail

[Confirmed] Abbadon's Borrowed Time and Blademail

Expected: Attacker receives damage while Abbadon has both Borrowed Time and Blademail on
    Results: Attacker does NOT receive damage while Abbadon has both Borrowed Time and Blademail on.

This is primarily due to Borrowed Time being a pseudo-heal skill in Dota 1 (other pseudo-heal skills include Shallow Grave, Backtrack, Refraction, and Aphotic Shield)
    ->For noobies at bug reporting, a pseudo-heal skill heals a target for the same amount of damage that they are about to take right before they take it. Borrowed Time is unique in that it heals 200% of the damage.

Last edited by Quiesce; 07-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Basic Member
    All heals in dota 2 work the same, IMO the bug here is that the target does not get healed when hitting abaddon is he has blademail on, IMO that is an inconsistency with all other triggered heals in dota 2.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    All heals in dota 2 work the same, IMO the bug here is that the target does not get healed when hitting abaddon is he has blademail on, IMO that is an inconsistency with all other triggered heals in dota 2.
    What? How does that make any sense, why would they get healed? Unless you meant damaged, then yeah pretty much the issue here seems to be simply that blademail doesn't reflect dmg when it should.

Volunteer Moderator
    Well because you're dealing negative damage to the target... It would actually make it consistent with other triggered heals --> no lifesteal would make negative lifesteal for example.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    What? How does that make any sense, why would they get healed? Unless you meant damaged, then yeah pretty much the issue here seems to be simply that blademail doesn't reflect dmg when it should.
    You are making negative damage, so you get dealt negative damage.
    Like other triggered heals, for example dispersion overcharge, you don't deal back 100% damage but only 78/80%. So with aba's ulti you don't deal damage but deal -100% damage.
    Last edited by Shamanics; 07-16-2013 at 04:33 PM.

No, you heal the damage you're about to take. That's how it worked in Dota 1.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    You are making negative damage, so you get dealt negative damage.
    Like other triggered heals, for example dispersion overcharge, you don't deal back 100% damage but only 78/80%. So with aba's ulti you don't deal damage but deal -100% damage.
    What is negative damage? Does that even exist? In dota1 if you use Enfeeble on a hero that has low damage, it never goes negative, he doesn't start healing people with every attack, it is simply reduced to 0. From what Quiesce says, Triggered heals are absolutely not "negative damage", they're simply heal+damage. What I don't get is where this idea of negative damage is coming from. Regardless it's obvious from the video that Blademail should be damaging people, not healing them, as this is how it works in dota1.

Volunteer Moderator
    But it's dota 2. It's zero damage when backtrack procs, not a pre/post heal scenario... (i.e. no lifesteal, no blademail no nothing like that). So logically it's -100% when borrowed time procs.

Dota 2 is wrong. :3