Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Update Notes -- 7/16/13

Valve Developer

Update Notes -- 7/16/13

- Improved performance
    - Fix a crash when updating audio settings
    - [Linux] Fix non-english locales causing graphics corruption and audio not playing.
    - [Mac] Deminiaturize fullscreen windows when the application gets focus
    - [Mac] Fix mouse jump when switching to fullscreen, non-native resolutions
    - [Linux] Fixed text corruption on Intel graphics
    - Added support for voice playback; voice recording is still a work in progress.
    - Fixed graphical glitches with flickering water in the river.
    - [Linux] Fix crash in the mid-lane tutorial when selecting a Sniper skill.
    - [Linux] Fixed problems starting a game when using Bumblebee (primusrun or optirun)
    - Fixed problems with cursors showing artifacts on some systems
    - [Linux] Fixed glitches in ability cooldown indicator
    - [Linux] Fixed Abaddon video
    - Fixed some cursor hotspot problems to make the hotspot of the cursor correct

i saw
    -improved performance
    -fixed low fps
    -fixed high cpu usage
    etc etc

no effect by now...still 10 fps with very high end clean windows system...*sign

Basic Member
    Props to the GitHub user upwhatever for finding the locale issue which was the cause for so many graphic and audio bugs!

Basic Member
    Awesome update! Thank you!

- Now I have more fps (40-65). It's a good rate for my pc.
    - This update fixed this bug (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/36) for me.

I found some "Corrupted graphics":

1.jpg

2.jpg

My laptop:
    CPU: Intel i7-2630QM
    GPU: Nvidia 540M (Optimus). running Dota2 with primus
    Driver: nvida-310
    RAM: 8 GB

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by lifestyle View Post

- This update fixed this bug (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/36) for me.

1.jpg

2.jpg

My laptop:
    Thanks for the feedback, would you mind posting a bug report on https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues? Instructions here: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dot...ster/README.md

Basic Member
    My framerates are much more stable now. Still quite low compared to the 70 FPS on the Windows side, but 20 FPS at the minimum is good.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifestyle View Post

1.jpg

2.jpg

My laptop:
    Driver: nvida-310
    I assume you have "specular" option video: off? Turn it on should fix it. Still a bug nonetheless.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastblue View Post
    I assume you have "specular" option video: off? Turn it on should fix it. Still a bug nonetheless.
    That's specularity off, actually.

Basic Member
    UPDATE after PATCH #2

First main menu loading still takes 3minutes, dont know why, probably missing some files or something.

In full screen on dual monitors, mouse still going on another screen.
    Just tried windowed mode and mouse stayed locked in game (even when tried alt-tab, mouse was released from game but it doesnt take any clicks on desktop just in game even its not pointing to it). Strange. It wont stay locked in borederless or fullscreen.

Main menu store and learn menu images went crazy (wrong images aka hero textures or some pink and blurry stuff) after changing screen resolution and mode couple of times.

If I press spectate and defocus/minimze dota while its loading it ALWAYS says server timed out, but if I stay focused it loads game.

Before patch game loading was normal. It took 60s, and now after patch game loads alot slower. It loads normally while it says "Loading..." but when it dissapears and graphics start to come in, now it hangs for a 2 minutes with only map and some crazy box in top left corner like in WINE. And shutters like hell. -> BEFORE PATCH game loading was normal and fast.

In game all looks good, FPS like in windows, no more blinking green water -> no problems.

Ubuntu 12.04 x64
    3.2.0-23-generic
    i7 2600
    8gb
    560ti - Nvidia-310

PS.
    after this last patch it has problems loading into game... it hangs when "Loading..." disappears! with OPENGL not responding error. And all mentioned above about loading. Shuttering for 2-4min etc.
    Loading is alot slower after this patch. Roughly 3x last one.

-There is always black background loading into game. It has normal background on first main menu loading.

UPDATE AFTER PLAYED GAME

So normal matchmaking game loads fine, long loading is only when spectacting.
    Runs smooth like in windows, but there is shutter in duration of 1-2s every minute or so, sound starts repeating and screen hangs like its loading something in middle of the game.
    Other than that on single monitor full screen no problems.

MY UPDATE #2
    so i moved steam from network share to my revo drive 3 SSD... main menu loading takes about 45-60s sometimes 2-3min in windows 10-15s, loading game takes 3minutes, 1minute "Loading..." then when graphics should start it hangs for 2-4 mins... before last patch it was atleast 2x better.

after couple of spectating and bot game loadings in row its pretty much fast like it should be on first load.
    Last edited by overfl0w; 07-17-2013 at 03:09 AM.

I was using Flgrx graphics and ever since the update I've had to use x-org amd. I'm not a linux buff I just know that I've had to change the graphics drivers all in all. Performance wise it seems worse im only getting 7 fps opposed to my 12 i had. I dont have a super great laptop all in all 12 fps to 17 was what I got on windows and it was enough to play. 7 fps is pretty bad though lol. It did fix a graphical error with part of the ground glowing but at a great cost of performance. Also when ever I set options that have to do with resolution and windowed/fullscreen mode it demands a complete kill of the process because the assets of the client dont load back correctly. As in some properties arre missing such as shop/news panel matchmaking/learn tabs at top and the options button and the exit client button. All in all great progress has been made. Thank you for reading =D