Thread: How to reset resolution back to default when the options menu is not see able....

Angry How to reset resolution back to default when the options menu is not see able....

Please i just want to enjoy and test DotA 2 my little brother messed with the resolution settings and now i not only can not select anything ...i cant get to any options or play a match...my predicament is it is zoomed in on the news and i cant select or see anything else cant even see the chat rooms....any help would be much appreciated .. i have played dota for quite a few years and would like to help in tis testing phase thank you for the invite .. -TDUBmoney91 .. tdubmoney91@gmail.com

Go to your steam library -> right click on dota 2 -> Properties -> Set launch options -> type -autoconfig on the small box that appears.

Quote Originally Posted by EbToX View Post
    Go to your steam library -> right click on dota 2 -> Properties -> Set launch options -> type -autoconfig on the small box that appears.

thank you for your time and suggestion the screen is still directly zoomed in over the news section in dota 2 when it is launched

this all started when i changed the resolution down from the highest ratio and highest resolution to resolution of i think 1240 or something either way i cannot access any options menu , or the cog , or play , matches , friends chat or anything
    .. THANK YOU ALL AND ANYONE that has suggestions or can help .. Please and thank you
    Btw i reduced the resolution hoping it would help with the delay i was getting my OS is macbook pro 15 2.3ghz quad core i7 with 6 mb nvidia geforce gt 650m display 440 by 900 .. thank you

Please anyone explain to me or please tell me if there are any hot keys to bring up the video options in dota 2 if you can see anything other than the news and are unable to click anything because all u can see is the news ... it is a resolution problem thank you guys id appreciate it , id be happy if i could find a way to reset the video settings back to normal or 1440x 900 pixels .... i cant play or access any options ..i have no way of clicking any options or changing them myself ...please if anyone knows how to resolve this issue id appreciate it thank you very much..

Basic Member
    use -w number -h number in your launch options to manually set the resolution i.e.
    -w 1024 -h 768