View Poll Results: Do you think it's a good idea?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! +1

79 91.86%
  • Don't think so.

7 8.14%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 In-game Tickets Should be Priced Lower After Tournament is Over

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Dota 2 In-game Tickets Should be Priced Lower After Tournament is Over

This thread is self explanatory.

** For example the Alienware Cup ticket costs $7.99 before the tournament, then after the tournament it should be priced around $3.99 - $5.99 though I would like it to be costed at $4.99

Please support my suggestion.

------------------------

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by gordongriest View Post
    I agree, I doubt most people want to pay full price for a tournament that's already over, but they might consider it if it's cheaper after the fact. It's like with Steam sales, cheap games make tons of money because they get customers who wouldn't have purchased the games at full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabutaro View Post
    +1

Also add an option to lower the price if you don't want the courier or HUD bundled with the ticket. I remember Tickets for 1.40-2.60.. Now they are 9.99 + this courier you will never use because you already have 500 couriers.
    Last edited by BBeyonD._.; 07-23-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Basic Member
    Better decision is to give possibility to receive tournament item drop when you watch replay offline in the first time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bashmaki View Post
    Better decision is to give possibility to receive tournament item drop when you watch replay offline in the first time.
    That's nice too though I don't really care much about those tournament drops since it frequently drops shit items (though it would be nice if it drops a nice rare for me. Kappa) . I prefer having more tickets and download more replays to watch. =)

Basic Member
    I agree, I doubt most people want to pay full price for a tournament that's already over, but they might consider it if it's cheaper after the fact. It's like with Steam sales, cheap games make tons of money because they get customers who wouldn't have purchased the games at full price.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordongriest View Post
    Precisely!

bump bump

Basic Member
    bump

Basic Member
    So people will just wait the tournament to finish and we will see for less money. Why should someone pay to watch it live then?

I dis agree this idea.

Basic Member
    So people will just wait the tournament to finish and we will see for less money. Why should someone pay to watch it live then?
    The same reasons they pay to watch them already. Every ticketed tournament has vods available on youtube and Dotacinema, but people are still paying to watch them live.

I would go ahead and say the prices should drop during the tournament as well for long tournaments that go like 2 months. But anyways, yes the price should definitely drop after tournament is over.

Basic Member
    Are you guys trying to teach Valve how to sell virtual goods?