Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Intended] Tinker's Rearm bypassing Disabled Dagger and Heart of Tarrasque

Basic Member

[Intended] Tinker's Rearm bypassing Disabled Dagger and Heart of Tarrasque

I just had a Tinker blink away form me in this game:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/245093504

I don't know the exact ingame time, but i guess it wuld be faster to just try and replicate with two people.

Description: I've hit Tinker during his rearm. After rearm he blinked. I am pretty sure that he didn't blink during the slight delay.

Expected Behaviour: In DotA the Icon (or more likely the entire Item) changed for 3 seconds. Thus it was impossible to rearm through this. It also makes sense, since disabling something for three seonds means something different than setting its cooldown to 3.

Edit by Buny: Same thing goes for Heart of Tarrasque. It does get refreshed, but shouldn't get.

Tranquil Boots get refreshed, too, but their effect stays disabled. So this one is just a visual bug.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 02-07-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Updated

I'm not going to watch the replay, but my bet is that the blink order was delayed until after the rearm and it went ahead anyway, which is a glitch I think was reported before.

Basic Member
    Just tested it in a Practice lobby (because i didn't think about cheat commands earlier):

Rearm bypasses the dagger disabling! If my own confirmation is enough.

Same goes for refresher Orb.
    Last edited by Cocofang; 07-17-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Basic Member
    Just tested this, rearm does in fact get rid of the 3 second blink dagger disable
    Maybe this is actually intentional, since the 3 seconds acts as a pseudo-cooldown

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanCCC View Post
    Just tested this, rearm does in fact get rid of the 3 second blink dagger disable
    Maybe this is actually intentional, since the 3 seconds acts as a pseudo-cooldown
    I also tested it in DotA 1 :P

If it is intentional, then it is an intentional change. In DotA 1 it got completely disabled (swapped with a placeholder item until you didn't take dmg for 3 seconds). Additionally it explicitly states that it gets disabled (and not put onto cooldown)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocofang View Post
    I also tested it in DotA 1 :P

If it is intentional, then it is an intentional change. In DotA 1 it got completely disabled (swapped with a placeholder item until you didn't take dmg for 3 seconds). Additionally it explicitly states that it gets disabled (and not put onto cooldown)
    really doubt it's intentional but more of an oversight from developers

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Pfah. Can you also test Refresher, as well as Heart and Linken's while you're at it?

Basic Member
    Refresher isn't subject toRearm, obviously.

Basic Member
    I meant if Refresher acts the same as Rearm in this case.

Heart and Linken's use the same behavior as Dagger in DotA 1.