Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Add "Gold needed to complete" to Item Upgrades

Basic Member
    Like the idea. Let's say I am making Orchid. When I have already 30% of the item in my inventory, I don't understand why the shop shows full price, it should show also how much I need to finish it.

Basic Member
    thats exactly what I mean

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArYeS View Post
    Disagree, I think people should eventually learn prices of all items. Cluttering UI with another 4 numbers is just not needed.
    Worst reasoning for anything ever. That makes no sense, maybe you should memorize all prices for all items in the game then, and have the prices completely removed from the interface?

Also +1 OP, this is something that annoys me too.

It should show the remaining cost rather than the combination cost. Basically just replace the cost for the item you're upgrading into with the calculated cost based on pieces you are missing.

This would be a nice addition BUT bear in mind this already exists in the game in a different form. If you drag the item into the Quick Buy slot above your inventory it will break it down into all its different parts (not including the ones you already own)! It's then very easy to work out how much you have to save to complete the item.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulee View Post
    T-down.
    If you're confused with the prizes, means you didnt spend enough time with dota.
    Don't make dota2 community dumb implementing this "aid"
    So adding something for new people is dumb? Stop being so egoistic, Dota 2 is not for you, Dota 2 is for everyone. You're not better than HoN or LoL player or anyone else for that matter, get over it.

+1 for great idea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    It should show the remaining cost rather than the combination cost. Basically just replace the cost for the item you're upgrading into with the calculated cost based on pieces you are missing.
    IMO its okay to also show you the total cost (even if irrelevant for you in the game), but theres a lot of space beside the price, so both could be displayed:
    2011-12-06_00001.jpg

+1 I like it. It is true that expert Dota players known all prices of all objects, but for new players it could help.
    Dota 2 Italia Admin

My system specs: Windows 7 64bit - AMD Phenom II X3 720 - ATI 6850 HD (latest drivers) - 4 GB RAM

Basic Member
    Agree!

Basic Member
    Yes, it makes sense. It still helps to memorize the price of each item, this just makes the UI a little more seamless.

why people say it is unneeded.. it is indeed needed. because new players will not know how much they have and how much they actually need.. and "learning" every price wont help anything
    IMO
    T-UP