Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Add "Gold needed to complete" to Item Upgrades

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArYeS View Post
    Disagree, I think people should eventually learn prices of all items. Cluttering UI with another 4 numbers is just not needed.
    I've never seen a community so bent on making sure the UI sucks from the ground up.

Basic Member
    Seems a lot of the original dota players don't want the game to change at all. Its really strange, they could just.. play dota

+1 to the op anyway, it would be extremely useful for new players and make the process of learning the game much easier. Eventually people memorise the prices of things anyway but at the beginning as stated earlier there are so many other things you try to keep in your head that having 1 less to worry about initially is a good thing.

Basic Member
    I dont even know why some ppl are so pissed off...

This actually does nothing but adding 2 or more prices of items you need to complete something. When I'm personally focused in the game (pending gank or whatever) I often make mistakes adding these, especially on uneven prices with XX50 or so... Then you want to buy it at once at the shop and surprise, you have 100 or 50 or whatever gold too less because you miscalculated!

Happened to me a few times...

Btw I dont think this will make ppl easier to learn Prices as you obviosly cant see what each item costs, only the sum, so the learning effect would only be if you have only 1 or 2 items left to complete....

[EDIT]
    ...but ofc, this is very often the case, okay agreed with that

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolf View Post
    Like the idea. Let's say I am making Orchid. When I have already 30% of the item in my inventory, I don't understand why the shop shows full price, it should show also how much I need to finish it.
    Indeed this is a good idea. No reason for it not to be this way.

Basic Member
    thumbs down (-1), reasons already stated by others

Yes please.

No need to keep something this useful off of the UI.

Basic Member
    I also think, even if I do not need it, it would be great to make the game better to understand for beginners.

Basic Member
    As a new player, I'm in favor of something like this. In my private bot matches, I wondered why I bought phase boots with 1400 gold (having Boots of speed already) and had 500 gold left over.

Based on the differences of opinion in here, I'd guess that it would be best to make it an On/Off setting under "Game" in the Options.

Basic Member
    Fully support this, don't understand the reason for contention. Item recipes should say how much left instead of how much total. As a new player, I never realized that a magic wand could be so cheap when you took off the cost of the gg branches and magic stick.