Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2560x1080 (21:9) resolution: map glitch & shop is unusable

Basic Member
    i cant understand why someone dont make an announce...they can say for example dont wait for a fix because we will never make one....and just stop wait for it...

I use a 28:5 aspect ratio, and the HUD scales to about half my vertical resolution (like this). This... isn't ideal.

I reported this issue long ago, as have other people. From my understanding, this aspect ration was fine with Dota 2 a good while back, but was broken by some patch.

I don't really care if Valve is against such resolutions (nor do I care about people's opinions on the matter). The least they could do is announce their stance though. If they don't want people using such resolutions, then fine; I'll know not to continue asking for it, and move onto some other game.

Basic Member
    I just bought an Acer 29" UWD and sucks that even with the fix, the UI still looks out of wack and spell icons are ridiculously huge.

It would help if there's a post somewhere, reddit, here, wherever, that signifies that Valve doesn't support UWD (21:9, etc) with the game so we can just let the issue rest instead of bringing it up every now and then. Then again, we're the minority. In the mean time, anyone know how to force the game to run with black borders? I try 1920x1080 and its stretching regardless what I do.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xTriadx View Post
    I just bought an Acer 29" UWD and sucks that even with the fix, the UI still looks out of wack and spell icons are ridiculously huge.

It would help if there's a post somewhere, reddit, here, wherever, that signifies that Valve doesn't support UWD (21:9, etc) with the game so we can just let the issue rest instead of bringing it up every now and then. Then again, we're the minority. In the mean time, anyone know how to force the game to run with black borders? I try 1920x1080 and its stretching regardless what I do.
    If you use windows, the trick is to go into your GPU settings and tell it to keep the aspect ratio. For some reason at least Nvidia decided that the default setting should be that it always scales whatever resolution you use to use the whole screen but it can be turned off. The options are usually:

1. Scale to full screen (ignoring aspect ratio, probably this you have which is bad)
    2. Scale to full screen while keeping aspect ratio (this is what you want)
    3. Do not scale at all but center the picture, This is also an option if you make sure you have the correct resolution but I'd just select number 2 for simplicity.

I'm on linux where it isn't as easy so currently I have to use windowed mode which results in a very glitchy experience : /

Is 21:9 that common? I mean, they don't even care about 5:4 HUD gliches.

Basic Member
    I got a brand new 21:9, too.

@Devs: Can you support it, please? Seems to become more and more common these days.

If I set the graphics mode to 2560x1080 my graphics card only needs 37% of its max power (but I can't as stated play the game properly), if I set it to 1920x1080 the graphics card is funnily at 61%.

Basic Member
    I have exactly the same problem

Basic Member
    They banned override_vpk, so one can't play online anymore. Great work!!!
    To ensure match integrity, using -override_vpk is not permitted when matchmaking

Basic Member
    -enable_addons works just as well as -override_vpk. Use it. Please change the 1st post to suggest it as well

Quote Originally Posted by fiegmund View Post
    I am wondering what happens with this -> http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=3733

I mean, by choosing a different aspect ratio you can win or lose vision in some directions, so that can give you some advantage or disadvantage (i.e. wider screen can help you in an horizontal chase, pushing top, defending bot, checking runes, etc). Maybe some games are just not made for some aspect ratios or multi-screen setups.

I remember some Warcraft 3 tweaks that allowed you to "zoom out" (just like the dota 2 spectator zoom out) giving you a massive vision, it was clearly cheating.

It is still cheating.