Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please Increase Guild Capacity

One of my favorite things in forums is seeing people who don't speak English as a native language demand that other people learn English

Basic Member
    I don't care how well someone speaks English, as long as you get their point.

And if a Let's Player (fine?) wants to offer this viewers a possibility to either play with himself, the Let's Player, or the viewers with themselves, then you need more than 1000 people in a guild, because a proper Let's Player has more than 1000 regular viewers who want to participate in the guild and play a match of Dota with their favourite e.g. Youtuber.
    This is actually not a scenario I made up, a friend of mine does German Dota 2 Let's Plays and now has to explain his viewers why they can't join the guild and play with him.

I am a native English speaker and have seen Let's plays before, but seriously "Lets players" is not understandable in the least, and it comes badly of the tongue. Just call them Streamers for christ's sake.

Anyway a guild is meant to be small and insular it is for friends. Not a random collaboration of people who you will barely ever play with. It would be better to create and foster multiple guilds as opposed to huge less insular guilds, where there are greater divides. A guild should be like a family in structure. So silly suggestion

or in my view anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    I am a native English speaker and have seen Let's plays before, but seriously "Lets players" is not understandable in the least, and it comes badly of the tongue. Just call them Streamers for christ's sake.

Anyway a guild is meant to be small and insular it is for friends. Not a random collaboration of people who you will barely ever play with. It would be better to create and foster multiple guilds as opposed to huge less insular guilds, where there are greater divides. A guild should be like a family in structure. So silly suggestion

or in my view anyways
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post

or in my view anyways
    +1
    Small guilds
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

Basic Member
    i Have a Guild with 1000 Members and there are more who want to join. It would be awesome because i make dota 2 gameplay videos on youtube (in german) and i like to play with my Viewers. So the Guild System was perfect, its easy to play with my community without adding everyone to the Friendlist. And the Community they can play with each other.

Why is it such a big problem for you to have "big" Guils. I dont get what you dont like about it. You can still keep your "small" guilds with your friends but dont u like to have big guils where you can find other players from your country?

And yes my english is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rsNiceTry View Post
    i Have a Guild with 1000 Members and there are more who want to join. It would be awesome because i make dota 2 gameplay videos on youtube (in German) and i like to play with my Viewers. So the Guild System was perfect, its easy to play with my community without adding everyone to the Friendlist. And the Community they can play with each other.
    Why is it such a big problem for you to have "big" Guilds. I don't get what you don't like about it. You can still keep your "small" guilds with your friends but don't u like to have big guilds where you can find other players from your country?
    And yes my English is a piece of shit.
    Only Dendi can have more than 1k friends that he can play with... no offence but 1000 friends? What's the difference between pub join and people from your guild? You don't and can't know each guild member's skill bracket...
    This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

A steam group doesn't give the OP the desired result of having larger groups???? What does a dota2 guild give you over a steam group that you actually need??? Anyone can join a steam group, anyone can make a steam group, they're accessible outside of the dota2 client, you can communicate outside of the dota2 client... I mean, pretty much any reason you'd want a +1000 group you should strongly consider making it a steam group.

My stream - Mon-Fri Pacific Evenings 8pm
    If you're new and want tips PM me, or come to my stream. If you want to add me on steam feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cojiro View Post
    A steam group doesn't give the OP the desired result of having larger groups???? What does a dota2 guild give you over a steam group that you actually need??? Anyone can join a steam group, anyone can make a steam group, they're accessible outside of the dota2 client, you can communicate outside of the dota2 client... I mean, pretty much any reason you'd want a +1000 group you should strongly consider making it a steam group.
    Most people do not give a crap about steam. They play and use dota2 for things. There is a reason you can edit your name, add/remove friend etc within dota2 now.

Basic Member
    We need a feature which makes playing with other players from the same country easier. One way to do this is to make guild have no player limits so people from same country could easily form parties and join the same guild. Other way is to bring a fully new feature which searches players with similar match making rating from your country to your team. This would also help alot with the communication. I have played Dota 2 for over 2 years now and I still have problems understanding Russian.