Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: [Confirmed] Timbersaw Cannot Attack During Timber Chain

  1. #1
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541

    [Confirmed] Timbersaw Cannot Attack During Timber Chain

    As title says, timbersaw can't attack or turn during timber chain in Dota2. He can do both of these in WC3 dota.

    Repro in wc3 dota:

    1. Take level 1 timber chain.
    2. Buy some hyperstones for attack speed. (not required but makes it more obvious)
    3. Chain through some creeps while a-clicking on 1.
    4. You are able to attack that creep while moving, it will have taken more damage than any other creep hit by chain.

    In dota2, this is not possible.

    Clearly not intended as heroes like morph and storm are balanced around this mechanic.

    Repro for turning bug in wc3 dota:

    1. Max timber chain and take at least 1 level of chakram.
    2. Use chakram while in timber chain, make sure you aim somewhere to the side of the line where you will be travelling.
    3. Chakram gets cast during the timber chain.

    In dota2, this is not possible unless you aim directly in front of you.

    _____________________________________________

    3rd bug, more minor.

    In dota2, timbersaw can break his timberchain early with blink dagger. In wc3, you will always arrive at the tree you chained to, even though blink dagger gets used.
    Last edited by LxRogue; 07-23-2013 at 07:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541
    I've played a lot of timber in dota2, but had never played him in wc3 dota up until recently. I noticed it the very first game; it makes a pretty noticeable difference.

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    297
    What else can he do during timber chain in wc3?

  4. #4
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541
    I believe he can use spells and items, and that this is consistent with dota2. I'll have to double check later today, but whirling death is the only thing I am 100% sure of right now.

  5. #5
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541
    Tested, and confirmed he can use items and spells in both wc3 and dota2.

    However, I did find 2 other bugs/inconsistencies:

    - He can't turn during timber chain. This means he can't use directed items (like hex or orchid) unless he is already facing the target. He can turn in wc3.

    - Blink dagger will work while in timber chain in both games. In dota2 it ends the chain and you arrive where you wanted to blink, in wc3, blink goes on cooldown, but you arrive at the tree you chained to.

  6. #6
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541
    Don't know what else I need to prove for this to be confirmed. Would be great if another person could repro, otherwise this is just gonna get drowned out by all of the false/duplicate/off-topic threads.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    no
    Posts
    21,959
    Quote Originally Posted by LxRogue View Post
    Don't know what else I need to prove for this to be confirmed.
    Wait for a new mod to take control of this forum.

  8. #8
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by LxRogue View Post
    - He can't turn during timber chain. This means he can't use directed items (like hex or orchid) unless he is already facing the target. He can turn in wc3.

    - Blink dagger will work while in timber chain in both games. In dota2 it ends the chain and you arrive where you wanted to blink, in wc3, blink goes on cooldown, but you arrive at the tree you chained to.
    Pretty hard to blink when chaining in dota2. And how exactly does it work in wc3? Your explanation wasn't complete. Does he end up where he blinked and then moves to the tree or does he not blink at all?

    Also I wonder if a target can be hit twice by Shiva's guard when timber is chaining...

    Anyway this deserves to be put on sticky.
    Last edited by Propkid; 07-24-2013 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Basic Member LxRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    541
    In dota2, you have to blink exactly in front of you, so it really won't do much other than cut your timber chain short.

    In wc3, your blink dagger will work in any direction because you can turn, however, timber chain overrides it. This means you use the 75 mana and cooldown of the dagger, but your final position is at the tree you chained to. Basically you can use blink, but it doesn't do anything.

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator bu3ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    .-.
    Posts
    11,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Propkid View Post
    Pretty hard to blink when chaining in dota2. And how exactly does it work in wc3? Your explanation wasn't complete. Does he end up where he blinked and then moves to the tree or does he not blink at all?

    Also I wonder if a target can be hit twice by Shiva's guard when timber is chaining...

    Anyway this deserves to be put on sticky.

    No, they can't.
    Please, just call me buny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •