Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Teleportation has incorrect (shorter) casting time

[Confirmed] Teleportation has incorrect (shorter) casting time

It has 3 seconds of casting time, which should be rather 3.33 seconds

There is one more thing about this, I will be making another report about that aswell, but read it here, too
    Furion should be getting revealed for those last 0.33 seconds after that 3 seconds in case he was trying to cast Teleportation while being invisible with a Shadow Blade
    An example case to make it clear;

- Furion uses the Shadow Blade he has
    > he becomes invisible
    - he issues his Teleportation ability to base
    - 3 seconds passes by, in which he remains completely invisible
    - right with the end of that 3rd second, he now should become completely visible, as if he had like, casted Sprout to somewhere or something
    - 0.33 seconds of visibility

- he successfully finalizes the Teleportation ability
    > Teleportation ability gets into cooldown and drains mana
    - he starts playing his backswing

Basic Member
    Also, does that invisibility part work correctly with other similar skills, specially Requiem of Souls?
    Nevermore should be revealed after 1 second and be visible for the remaining 0.67 seconds.
    Also, sniper's assassinate: revealed after 1.7 seconds and visible for the remaining 0.3 seconds.
    Last edited by crinckle; 07-18-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Requiem of Souls is alright
    but none of the other abilities reveal the caster until the Spell Effect Event is breached in Dota 2 :D

they should all be revealing the caster on the Cast Event, at the very beginning

Basic Member
    Interesting...I suspected something was off here, but I never touched it because I just assumed I had no idea how cast delay worked and left it at that. Thanks though.

Would you mind explaining cast delay spells as set by the data to me, either publicly or privately?

Edit: nevermind, you explained it elsewhere...but it seems that the spell's "cast time" happens before the unit's own "cast time"? And all invisibility is broken once once the EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CAST is registered, not SPELL_EFFECT?
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 07-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Basic Member
    Yes that is correct. And for blink spells, instead of the unit's own cast frontswing, the spell's duration field is used.
    Also, for spells with casting time, the EVENT_UNIT_SPELL_CAST is registered after the casting time, but before the unit's frontswing.
    Last edited by crinckle; 07-18-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Basic Member
    So Rubick ought to ignore all of his own cast behavior for spells based on Blink? Does [AIbl] Blink (Item Version) on Kelen's Dagger utilize its Dur1=0.33 as well? My eyes are not good enough to glean this by staring at the screen, and I have no recording software..

Order for all spells:
    SPELL_CHANNEL
    Cast1= (spell)
    SPELL_CAST (invisibility breaks here)
    castpt= (unit) OR Dur1= (blink-based spell)
    SPELL_EFFECT + hardcoded spell effects
    castbsw= (unit)
    SPELL_FINISH

SPELL_ENDCAST may be registered at any time the unit stops casting.
    Last edited by imxtrabored; 07-18-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Basic Member
    so it's the time for the blink...?

That list is almost correct imxtrabored, except Endswing should be the Finish
    there also is one more Event which is Endcast Event, Endcast event is registered whenever you give up from the spell, doesn't matter when. If you start doing anything about the spell and press H at any point, the Endcast Event will be registered

and the Finish Event is registered only if you let the spell end all by itself, it won't get registered even if you only interrupt the backswing animation
    that particular event is mostly used for the channelled abilities

Basic Member
    Typo, I meant SPELL_ENDCAST on that last one, but it was wrong anyways. I corrected my post for posterity anyways. What about Item Blink? Does being put onto an item make it ignore the Dur1= or not?

And why cant attack events be so comprehensive, Blizzard?

I don't know, I only know that Blink ability does not have any delay at all... possibly has something to do with it being an item
    Maelstrom's chain lightning also should have 2.7 secs of cooldown for itself if it regarded its settings for that, but it isn't doing that, Maelstrom has no cooldown

Most probably something to do with it being an item, but I may not assure you