Thread: Cannot Submit Dota 2 Items to Workshop: Error "Sorry! An error was encountered"

Cannot Submit Dota 2 Items to Workshop: Error "Sorry! An error was encountered"

Hello everyone. I am trying to submit my first set to Dota 2 through the submitting process inside Dota 2 client

When i try to submit a new item, after i press the final "Submission" button after putting in the Icon, name, and Description, the last step in the process.
    When i click "Submit"

It pauses for about 5 seconds and then brings me to a Steam interface error window that says:

"Sorry!
    An error was encountered while processing your request:
    That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author."

I've tried submitting each of my pieces, Restarting client, steam, and computer. Nothing. And they all return the same issues.
    Can someone please shed some light on this situation? Is it the steam sale? is it the Launch of the game?
    What Gives? I want to submit this art

Basic Member
    Hi, I am getting this error as well.
    I used to be able to submit items without problems before.

Upon googling more I found out a thread.

http://www.liveworkshop.com/forums/f...p-submit-error

So from there it could be a number of reasons
    1. marketing.psd file error of some sort (he didn't detailed out what's the error... zzzz)
    2. peerblock (or your internet server settings)

I have come to know that my ISP is blocking all peers-related download/upload
    so it seems I will be unable to upload items forever unless Dota2 do something about this.
    It sucks.

Anyway, just sharing what I found out.

Basic Member
    I'm also having this error and I've tried just about every fix suggested, including
    -Running Steam in administrator mode
    -Uploading the files from different locations
    -Restarting Steam
    -Restarting the computer
    -Disabling firewall
    -Disabling other security software

Basic Member
    Ok, I've got the fix.

The problem is the zipped file it makes after you've compiled everything.

Notice: By default it has the zip file put in already for you to use. It doesn't work!

This is because it's not actually zipped. It's just a folder.

Browse to that folder, select it's contents, zip it manually. Then back in dota, browse to that zip and select it. DONE.
    Last edited by lychee; 08-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Basic Member
    Hey there! I have some items in the game already, but used a different method of submission (the zip way) now, i have been submitting a bunch of items with the new method, but it always comes with issues. Sometimes it will submit, sometimes it wont, i keep getting the "Sorry!..." error. I have disabled all the firewalls, tried to re-zip the folders, errthing! Since my submissions are items not huds, i dont have the need to submit the .psd but just to test, I have tried submitting my models with a psd. the error keeps happening. This is incredibly frustrating when one piece of a 5 piece set of items gets submitted, and i have to wait a day for the next piece to go through. Are there any other solutions i might not have tried? it seems quite random that 95% of the time the submission wont go through, and %5 of the time it wil...

Basic Member
    Sooooo... I found the reason this wasn't working for me, Apparently the files of the textures were too big. While the requirement for the texture was 256x256, i was working in 2048. Dota doesn't like big textures.