Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: feedback on matchmaking after the lastest patch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

feedback on matchmaking after the lastest patch

valve i dont know what u did to mm but it didnt get better. mm was very good couple of days before, but now im playing worst games ever, with noobs who doesnt know how to lh, what bkb is for, and what push\def is. im tired of playing with 300 wins guys, CAN U FIX THIS PLS ????

Basic Member
    can just match me with ppl who has ~same wins ???? how hard that can be ? i dont wanna play with or vs ppl who has less than half of my game experience.

Basic Member
    ok i gave it one more chance:
    i get teamed with 4 players with 100-300 wins
    i have ~940 wins
    no support, no chicken (i bought it)
    U THINK THIS IS FUN FOR ME TO PLAY GAMES LIKE THESE ????

enemy team:
    715 wins
    965 wins
    442 wins
    943 wins
    449 wins

my team:
    257 wins
    359 wins
    937 wins (me)
    298 wins
    150 wins
    PERFECT MM
    i abandoned game after score 6-0... my nerves cant take it anymore
    Last edited by SlayerS; 07-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerS View Post
    enemy team:
    715 wins
    965 wins
    442 wins
    943 wins
    449 wins

my team:
    257 wins
    359 wins
    937 wins (me)
    298 wins
    150 wins
    "Noob" is a relative term. We don't consider a person with 150 games to be a "noob". We have some good data that by 75 wins (approx 150 games), Elo is pretty accurate, and so we rely on it almost exclusively at around that point. If you are getting matched with those players, it should be because your Elo is approximately the same. Parties can complicate things considerably. I might be able to provide further insight into why it thought the match would be a good one if you provide a MatchID.

Is 75 the wrong number? Should a person with 2000 wins complain about playing with you, since you are a "noob" with only 1000 wins?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerS View Post
    ok i gave it one more chance:
    i get teamed with 4 players with 100-300 wins
    i have ~940 wins
    no support, no chicken (i bought it)
    U THINK THIS IS FUN FOR ME TO PLAY GAMES LIKE THESE ????

enemy team:
    715 wins
    965 wins
    442 wins
    943 wins
    449 wins

my team:
    257 wins
    359 wins
    937 wins (me)
    298 wins
    150 wins
    PERFECT MM
    i abandoned game after score 6-0... my nerves cant take it anymore
    I know that feel bro,a few days ago i was playing with my 3 friends, MM manage to place a random at my team that pick LONE DRUID level up the SECOND SKILL and said "I'm learning how to play" all my team was kinda 500~800 wins(i don't know his wins cause valve let them hide it u.u), the third time that Ld died and my friends that was suporting him at safe lane said he just keep suiciding i leave the game,

and u know the worst problem here? who got punished was me because i leave the game

Basic Member
    get better and u might leave low level mm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MukenTuken View Post
    get better and u might leave low level mm
    That doesn't happen. We are a stack of 2 players ( 1260 wins + ~1500 wins ), which usually hit professional players.
    These days there was a 8 wins player in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilev View Post
    That doesn't happen. We are a stack of 2 players ( 1260 wins + ~1500 wins ), which usually hit professional players.
    These days there was a 8 wins player in our team.
    Did you not read what the dev said? The only logical explanation is that the player with 8 wins was in a party with someone that has the same rating as you. They cannot do anything about that. I can be the best player in the world and get someone who has never played Dota 2 in my party and play against people that are based on my rating. What do you suppose to do? Not allow friends to play with each other if they have different ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by WhaleRum View Post
    Did you not read what the dev said? The only logical explanation is that the player with 8 wins was in a party with someone that has the same rating as you. They cannot do anything about that. I can be the best player in the world and get someone who has never played Dota 2 in my party and play against people that are based on my rating. What do you suppose to do? Not allow friends to play with each other if they have different ratings?
    YES

Edit: at least in a diff queue.

Banned
    Maybe if he stacks with a 2k wins player with 70% winrate than .. maybe it makes sense then .. but what ? He is stacking witha player on my skill level and he'll be in my team ? WHAT ?! How does that make sense.