View Poll Results: Do you enjoy the new matchmaking?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! is amazing!!! cool change

95 23.23%
  • No! I dont see any change at all.

259 63.33%
  • I dont test it yet but but looks interesting

55 13.45%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: New Matchmaking

Basic Member

All I have to say is - tragic, very unpleasant experience throughout. I mean - this happens, but does it have to suck this much? After the "improvements"? Ive already had some really bad matchmaking experiences, but this might be the worst by far.

I get more even games now but the problem is the smurfs they realy ruin it most of the time .. I dont know why but the system places them higher or something ... And today i had 2 guys going like " Damn i am sorry i fail alot "
    And i am not even mad at them .. These guys just wana play have a good game and have fun .. but they ended the game feeling bad because they let their team down and well we ended the game feeling down as well cuz they were nice guys but the skill gap was too big to compensate .. A drastic approach is needed in the Smurf system ..

And off we get this : Match 368303471
    Draw Ranger is MUTED!!!! under 2 minutes in to the game he sends courier top lane gets it killed and goes under tower to feed
    the enemy alchemist .. Continues to do this for 21 minutes geting 19 deaths and stealing 1 kill at the fountain all so killing the courier
    every time it respawned .. proceeded to buy couriers too feed even more because we weren't actually loosing the game ...
    Last edited by MJK; 11-02-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    I used to be a mannered player but then i took a CYKA to the knee ! ValveKnights the new name for Scrub..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I get more even games now but the problem is the smurfs they realy ruin it most of the time .. I dont know why but the system places them higher or something ... And today i had 2 guys going like " Damn i am sorry i fail alot "
    And i am not even mad at them .. These guys just wana play have a good game and have fun .. but they ended the game feeling bad because they let their team down and well we ended the game feeling down as well cuz they were nice guys but the skill gap was too big to compensate .. A drastic approach is needed in the Smurf system ..

And off we get this : Match 368303471
    Draw Ranger is MUTED!!!! under 2 minutes in to the game he sends courier top lane gets it killed and goes under tower to feed
    the enemy alchemist .. Continues to do this for 21 minutes geting 19 deaths and stealing 1 kill at the fountain all so killing the courier
    every time it respawned .. proceeded to buy couriers too feed even more because we weren't actually loosing the game ...
    Its horrible I contribute more than the average player 30% of the matches and get utterly retards 70% of the matches. if you dont believe me check a ton of the matches I have posted as well as my account.. Its all filled with bullshit allies. If you are vastly better than your MMR you get shat on hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    You're missing something.
    a) Smurfs, causing people with low wins to have many games
    b) WC3 DOTA. You can play 10.000 hours of Dota 1 and join Dota 2. After 20 games, you get used to the game and can play as good as before.

That's why wins don't matter, especially when they reach values of 100+, as some people are still horrible after 2k games of Dota 2.
    i prefer to play with a guy who have at least 300hrs of dota2 than a guys with 3000hrs of dota WC3

for me its better to play with guys who have more time playing dota2 than a pro player coming from dota WC3 yesterday
    if your a pro player from dota1 and start to play dota 2... you must understand that your account dont have the perfect ELO, so you will need time to get the account to a "higher bracket or something." or better elo if it still works.
    with this matchamking system guys with 3000 wins and high gaming experience plays with a guy who started to play dota yesterday... its sucks, totally broked.

edit: before they change this mm.. it was working not perfectly, but much better than is today

previously you match only with noobs when you aren't on rush time. and dont have enought players at same "Level;ELO" as you to play
    Last edited by pedokas; 11-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Basic Member
    you must understand that your account dont have the perfect ELO, so you will need time to get the account to a "higher bracket or something." or better elo if it still works.
    guys with 3000 wins and high gaming experience plays with a guy who started to play dota yesterday... its sucks, totally broked.
    that's why

i prefer to play with a guy who have at least 300hrs of dota2 than a guys with 3000hrs of dota WC3
    Yo, logic! Long time no see. Why so broken?

P.s.: Damned necromancers everywhere.
    Last edited by hellyko; 11-02-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Well this blew up in your face didn't it?
    Valve doesn't care about the community. They only want to export their cosmetic team to the players so that they can profit of the fruits of their labor. It is clear that profits is the highest priority to Valve. Not the community, not the hero roster, not matchmaking, and not the endless list of bugs.

Valve is shitting on this community and people are praising them for doing it. Truly this is a dark age for DotA. ,.!.. Valve.