View Poll Results: Do you enjoy the new matchmaking?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! is amazing!!! cool change

95 23.23%
  • No! I dont see any change at all.

259 63.33%
  • I dont test it yet but but looks interesting

55 13.45%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Matchmaking

Basic Member

I'm just curious

How does playing with a stack affect your resultant ELO change from a win loss. I used to (~3 weeks ago?) play high MMR games I would run into streamers/teams and have legit lanes/teamcomps. I recently took a protracted break from solo queue to play with/teach with some RL friends who just joined.

Needless to say, we got matched with some ridiculous games and I lost (and won) vs. some really terrible ELO players (Vlads/MoM Riki sort of thing probably 1500 ELO sort of thing) -- but how do those wins and losses affect my ELO compared with solo queue. Going back to solo queue (as well as continuing to play with my very bad friends) I find myself dropped to my first "high" solo game in like 14 months.

I look forward to playing with the new matchmaker -- queuing with my sub 20 game friends has been a bit of a nightmare with us getting matched vs. 5 300+ win players while I'm trying to explain how stuns work.
    Last edited by Sp12; 07-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.

I really cannot say that I notice a difference in the matchmaking system. It seems just as random as ever. I don't know what ELO players start out with and I'm not sure what my ELO is nor what a good ELO level is. But what's important is that I'm matchmade with the right skill level players. I can really only become better at the game if I play against the toughest opponents I can handle.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    If you party with a noob, it is very likely that you will get matched with a noob. (Very likely it will find another party containing a noob and a player of approximately your skill level and put them on the other team.)

If that situation is not ideal, might I ask who you think you should play against?
    A match like this is a reason we need to know who that new player is so we can try to plan accordingly. For example I would discourage this new player from playing as our carry if he has issues last hitting. And maybe the new player will see he is the weakest link and plan accordingly himself even. "Oh shit, I'm going to get fucked if I try to carry this game."

Maybe there could be a colored circle next to each person's name showing relative rank? Green being the most skilled player in that match and red being the worst, for example.

If people are worried about being noob shamed or something that's going to happen regardless! They will figure out who this 'noob' is eventually 'after it's too late and they've decided to go carry and have 7 LH and 5 deaths by 10 min', it's better to put all your cards on the table straight away.
    Last edited by Qwiggalo; 07-18-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwiggalo View Post
    A match like this is a reason we need to know who that new player is so we can try to plan accordingly. For example I would discourage this new player from playing as our carry if he has issues last hitting. And maybe the new player will see he is the weakest link and plan accordingly himself even. "Oh shit, I'm going to get fucked if I try to carry this game."

Maybe there could be a colored circle next to each person's name showing relative rank? Green being the most skilled player in that match and red being the worst, for example.
    Problem with that is everyone wants to carry.

Basic Member
    Problem with that is that people will flame you based on rank, which is the reason ELO isn't public

Basic Member
    My smurf with <10 wins got matched with 400-1000+ win players. I'd say it's doing a pretty good job.

One thing I do not understand is, why after a lot of crap games I have one, one super fun match with good and friendly teammates?
    Is this a result of the matchmaking or the nature of this game (people being dicks, childish community, etc)?

Basic Member
    ded gaem

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomblaze View Post
    Problem with that is that people will flame you based on rank, which is the reason ELO isn't public
    Thanks for reading the whole post.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    If you party with a noob, it is very likely that you will get matched with a noob. (Very likely it will find another party containing a noob and a player of approximately your skill level and put them on the other team.)

If that situation is not ideal, might I ask who you think you should play against?
    rather tell us "who to avoid" in our own party to get more balanced matches. That way you could choose between high quality games and getting completely trashed by having your "noob" feeding with the carry or making them snowball out of control aka teaching new players how to play role x.