View Poll Results: Do you enjoy the new matchmaking?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! is amazing!!! cool change

95 23.23%
  • No! I dont see any change at all.

259 63.33%
  • I dont test it yet but but looks interesting

55 13.45%
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New Matchmaking

Basic Member

New Matchmaking

After playing for a while testing the new matchmaking I need to say:

GOOD JOB

Thanks for take our comments and feedback to improve the matchmaking, no more 50% win rate, no more playing alone vs 5 dudes playing together, things like that.

I created a lot of threads trying to give some feedback about the old matchmaking (worst thing I ever seen before), but now thats the past.

Playing with people in your level, I played 7 games ..... couriers, wards!, good picks!, good game!, good fights!, not easy ! a real GOOD GAME.

If you enjoy it like me please, leave your comment for this good job. Is a great step in dota2 community really apreciate this, thanks again!.

Basic Member
    I still got 600 win vs 60 win players. I know that wins are not representative, bla, bla, but we stomped them hard. Last game was ok though. Aside from Skeleton King taking Ageis -_-'
    Last edited by Ljud; 07-18-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Basic Member
    Even if it does work (to some extend), it still can't explain why it take two years to realise and admit such obvious flaws, and to derive such obvious 'fixes', on a very core (if not most important) part of the game that directly affects player experience. This amazes me personally.

People seriously need to reflect, improve their analytic skills/processes, and to stop treating the entire player base as complete liars and retards.
    Last edited by endario; 07-18-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Basic Member
    Sweet, I'm really excited to try out the new matchmaking. Too bad I already played 4 hours this morning. I won't be able to sleep tonight xD

Valve Developer
    >I still got 600 win vs 60 win players.

If you post a match ID, I might be able to help explain why it decided to form the match. Either it will help us improve the tuning, or there's probably some piece of data that makes it make sense that we are not exposing.

We are looking for a way to provide information to players to help them understand why matches were formed in a way that doesn't lead to abuse of whoever the "worst" player is (according to whatever metric is preferable to the person giving the abuse). In the meantime, walking through some particular matches will help us better understand where it's still getting things wrong, or educate players about how it's making its decisions.

Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams, so that the odds of the Radiant winning any given match is 50%. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and, for example, put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose, to end a winning streak, or given you a stomp to end a losing streak.

Banned
    What new matchmaking? I have around 300 wins, my last game was a complete stomp, we won without any challenge at all, makes sense because I was matched against 60 > 100 wins players.

Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post

If you post a match ID, I might be able to help explain why it decided to form the match. Either it will help us improve the tuning, or there's probably some piece of data that makes it make sense that we are not exposing.

We are looking for a way to provide information to players to help them understand why matches were formed in a way that doesn't lead to abuse of whoever the "worst" player is (according to whatever metric is preferable to the person giving the abuse). In the meantime, walking through some particular matches will help us better understand where it's still getting things wrong, or educate players about how it's making its decisions.

Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams, so that the odds of the Radiant winning any given match is 50%. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and, for example, put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose, to end a winning streak, or given you a stomp to end a losing streak.
    Oh look at that, sounds like something a few of us has been saying all along

Basic Member

Match 246545563

Basic Member

I'm a veteran player playing dota2 since the beginning and now matchmaking is very good. Playing many games with people (5 carrys, no courier, no wards, no pull, no stack), now I have people with my skill level in the party, and the other players too, players who said "I dont see any change" they expect to win all games .... but the new matchmaking is the best!, more like LoL matchmaking.

At least for me and my experience playing dota2 (long time), new matchmaking is working fine, and is a possitive BIG CHANGE. You guys need to test it better after saying that you dont see any change at all, I'm a veteran player and I see the difference between after and before, and is AWESOME, some guys dont see difference but I dont know why, they loss and for them is not working only for that.

Flether thanks for your time reading this thread!, Valve did a good work this time! congrats!

Win count is not indicative of player skill, btw.