Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [C] Silencer receives the stolen int instantly rather than being through a projectile

[C] Silencer receives the stolen int instantly rather than being through a projectile

Silencer gets 2 intelligence from the dying unit that has either died nearby or has been killed by the Silencer instantly
    both the dying unit loses and the Silencer gains the 2 intelligence points instantly

The part where the dying unit immediately loses 2 intelligence points is correct, but the other part where Silencer gets the intelligence immediately is incorrect

Those 2 intelligence points should turn into a projectile that travels with a relatively slow movement speed, 450 ms and bring those 2 intelligence points to Silencer
    only when the projectile manages to reach the Silencer, the Silencer shall gain those 2 intelligence points

If the Silencer dies while the projectile was still travelling, he shall not receive those 2 intelligence points
    those 2 intelligence points shall be lost for good, and not be received by anyone

I can confirm. 2013-07-19_00002.jpg Blue projectile is a stolen int.

Well I like that it's instant in d2 to be honest.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashtime View Post
    Well I like that it's instant in d2 to be honest.
    Didn't you start a thread about this recently? I'm sure I've read something related to this bug.

it is a bug, as it is different from dota 1 and not yet confirmed as an intended change

I don't know, you may like, or dislike it, but to me this is no different from Death Coil having a projectile instead of being instant in the previous Test Client
    just other way around

And to me even the DotA version looks visually more pleasing, I'm sure they could make an awesome thing out of this in Dota 2...
    - as the target dies, a portion of the target's soul/intelligence gets extracted from him above, similar to the current Borrowed Time effect
    - this soul-ish thing gets launched into air, upwards, heading to the silencer, making an arc
    - looks similar to ripped out cloth pieces
    - has a glowing effect, glows blue or green or red, I don't know
    - 450 ms because soul-ish things are slow
    - heads downwards to the Silencer, hitting him from the head, taking over his body, absorbed by him

and in case Silencer dies while the projectile was on the way...
    - ripped cloth piece looking thing gets ripped further into smaller pieces, falling down, glow fades out in the mean time, losing its essence

Better than a blue cloud poof, eh? Yeah, I thought so mate, HA :D

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Didn't you start a thread about this recently? I'm sure I've read something related to this bug.

I remember this being mentioned multiple times in some other threads. Seems like it never got directly reported with an own thread.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Cosmetics stuff
    Just take Shadow Fiend's necromastery effect, color it blue, bam, done. Think it's also the same as Spell Steal.

It is good that the necromastery effect is subtle, since it happens all the time
    Silencer doesn't steal int all the time, steals it around 40 times at max in a game, possibly around 20~25 in an average game

I would rather like to have somewhat more impressive eyecandy for the int stealing, than what necromastery has

Basic Member
    Necromancery is also suppoced to be a projectile ftw