View Poll Results: Should MMR be made visible in one way or another?

Voters
2694. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should. It could be MMR itself, percentile or "brackets".

2,206 81.89%
  • No, it shouldn't. I don't want to know my MMR.

488 18.11%
Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1707

Thread: Do players want to see their MatchMaking Rating? Please come in and vote.

Holy F! I am actually excited about this ! That was the main reason i stop playing dota and if that is good i am gona be 1 happy camper !
    I used to be a mannered player but then i took a CYKA to the knee ! ValveKnights the new name for Scrub..

Thank you valve for listening to your customers. Time to start buying in the shop again. I like the new brood clothes
    Ignore-listed anyone with over 3,000 posts per year

Basic Member
    Finally!

BUT: without "gg" option this ranked matchmaking will be unplayable. (Blog didn't mention anything about it though.)
    and there shouldn't be AP in it. Instead add RD. It should be only CM, CD and RD.

These are big issues, I personally won't play this ranked matchmaking without those changes.
    The workload required on the more recent batch of heroes has been increasing over time with the addition of a wide range of new animations, the addition of being Workshop ready on release and having the correct breakdown in order to prevent having to remove the hero from the Workshop and halt progress on the community items like we have seen in the past along with just an overall higher quality model and texture work.-Cyborgmatt
    Community makes hats, no effect on game development.-ValveDrone

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    without "gg" option this ranked matchmaking will be unplayable.
    That's bullshit.

and there shouldn't be AP in it.
    Wrong. AP is one of the best modes for accurate measurements because it involves no randomity. Best one is CM, but then that's not always a god chopice, especially when you are solo.

Any game mode that has randomity makes it harder to properly measure skill because the random hero poll affects your chances.

if you go SD, and get to chose from the 3 hero you are the most shitty with, while your enemy gets to chose from his 3 favorites, now, will that do justice to your MMR? I'm sure not.

Instead add RD.
    I hope it will be added too, because that is the mode that despite having some randomity, is still kind of balanced. I think the reason they didn't add it yet is that at first they want to see if the system works with the easy-to-measure modes, before they add it in.

The thing I'm a bit surprized about is that CD is in there already, because it does have a strong random factor. Probably they assume, that it being a version of CM, and that most likely only experienced parties are brave enough to play CD anyway, it will still work. But if they added RD already, all kinds of people would play that mode too.

These are big issues
    No, they are not.

I personally won't play this ranked matchmaking without those changes.
    Worst attitude ever. People NEED TO PLAY IT, in order for it to get better. Because that gives Valve statistics they can use.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Basic Member
    So Valve actually listens, fakkin awsome

Visibile mmr still missing tho, but its a big step in the right direction.
    Last edited by azrael109; 12-07-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azrael109 View Post
    Visibile mmr still missing tho
    No, it's not.

If it was visible, people would check others' rating at game start and abandon if they think it's not good.

it is more than enough that your friends can see it, so you can form better balanced parties.
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    No, it's not.

If it was visible, people would check others' rating at game start and abandon if they think it's not good.

it is more than enough that your friends can see it, so you can form better balanced parties.
    Then make dodging severely punishable. This is no reason for making the MMR visible only to friends. Just when I thought that Valve started going down the right road.
    Spoiler: 

BUT: without "gg" option this ranked matchmaking will be unplayable. (Blog didn't mention anything about it though.)
    No, no, no.

and there shouldn't be AP in it. Instead add RD. It should be only CM, CD and RD.
    RD should most definitely be there, players should be sorted by MMR (highest picks first)

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Then make dodging severely punishable. This is no reason for making the MMR visible only to friends. Just when I thought that Valve started going down the right road.
    Hard to say, they need to see how it goes.
    Last edited by soprof; 12-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Thank you Valve ! <3
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    No, it's not.

From your sig, you seem like the biggest Valve knight to ever "grace" these boards...
    Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.