View Poll Results: Should MMR be made visible in one way or another?

Voters
2694. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should. It could be MMR itself, percentile or "brackets".

2,206 81.89%
  • No, it shouldn't. I don't want to know my MMR.

488 18.11%
Page 71 of 171 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Do players want to see their MatchMaking Rating? Please come in and vote.

ladder now.
    LADDER, NOW!

Basic Member
    valve????

hello???

Quote Originally Posted by Rollez View Post
    Currently it's actually more like fifty-fifty. I play in Vhigh and sometimes in the front page of live games aswell, yet I almost always just random in my AP games, usually theres atleast few of us. Some people go for that Space Cow/Huskar instalock-mode because they _really_ want to win, but that's quite rare tbh.

I know for sure that I would both communicate more and take my games more seriously if I had a visible rating, in the current system it often feels like it's not worth the effort. Why try my best to win for a team who obviously don't care or are just unwilling to throw the same effort.

Man, I miss those times in LoL and HoN when people actually communicated before picks and really wanted to win the games.
    Yeh well happened in dota as well, all you need is players who want to win, at it can be easily achieved with a rating system.

Cos now I literally give so little about winning, that I didn't even start dota2 for weeks.
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Quote Originally Posted by soprof View Post
    Yeh well happened in dota as well, all you need is players who want to win, at it can be easily achieved with a rating system.

Cos now I literally give so little about winning, that I didn't even start dota2 for weeks.
    I concur. You can only play on enthusiasm for so long.

Basic Member
    33,000 thread views, valve still doesn't care about the community.
    1,300-300 votes from this one thread alone.

Banned
    *bumpy *bumpy *bumpy.

MM right now, and perhaps since DotA 2 started, just does not give you any clear and consistent indication of progress whatsoever. I managed to get both of my smurfs into "high" while nearly exclusively solo queuing, and I don't get how in one of my smurfs, I have a six match losing streak, but stay in high throughout, whereas in the other smurf, I carry a team of feeders in high but then get put into normal the next game.

Edit

Lest anyone give that "no brackets, continuous MM" line, part of the pull of this thread is that maybe we shouldn't have continuous MM; we should have hard brackets / leagues instead.
    Last edited by erik-the-red; 09-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckles1337 View Post
    33,000 thread views, valve still doesn't care about the community.
    1,300-300 votes from this one thread alone.
    Yes, 1668 votes out of 6M players, do you see the problem here?

Basic Member
    It's needed BUT one should have the option to play pub games and the "serious" game in a mode like cm

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Yes, 1668 votes out of 6M players, do you see the problem here?
    I don't.

Cut down from that 6m all the people who have never visited this forum. Then cut down from that people the ones who have only posted once or twice, people like that visit here usually only to post to one specific matter (like getting hacked). Then we have a number where to compare ours.

But that's still not the point, nor even relevant. Because no matter how much players play what and when, it doesn't remove the fact that this is one of the largest threads in the forums and (i think) the largest thread in the Community section.

I don't understand are you just dense or do you enjoy your shitposting so much that you can't stop doing it.