Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Corrosive Skin working on Ancients?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    I actually believe this not to be a bug. -->Ancients and mud golem are protected from some spells. However Vipers corrosive skin is based off of Locust swarm which was an ultimate. Thus should go through. However I am not certain and will check in Wc3

Interactions as follows

BKB units debuffed any current Corrosive skin buff, uneffected on following attacks
    Ancients affected by Corrosive skin buff applied to Jungle Stalkers and DragonSpawn damage follows normally. Not applied to black dragons or golems (emerald etc)
    Mud golems unaffected by Corrosive skin buff
    Applies to Roshan

Thus I have come to a conclusion that it applies to all melee ancients that do not have Resistant skin
    Wtf Locust Swarm? Exorcism is based on Locust Swarm, how is that even similar to Corrosive Skin?
    Check sprinter's post, it affects only non magic-immune units, irrespective of whether they are ancients or not.
    Also, the damage type is magical not enhanced.
    Last edited by crinckle; 07-24-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Also, the damage type is magical not enhanced.
    Provide your source, because here's mine http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204911 , which is by far the best guide to damage types. If you read carefully and observe how other spells of the same type behave you'll get your answer

PS and the answer is: working as intended, not a bug

Edit: I seem to have misread the op with the bug being damage dealt. Brb, testing it
    Edit 2: It deals no damage to ancients with magic immunity, working as intended
    Last edited by TheWb; 07-24-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Basic Member
    That seems to be outdated. I checked in the map code.
    Corrosive skin adds a spellbook containing the slow aura and the visual effect to the unit.
    Damage is triggered. The line which deals the damage (loc_integer02 is the level of the ability):
    Code:
    call Func0109(loc_unit01,loc_unit02,1,5+5*loc_integer02)
    This is the relevant part of damage dealing function:
    Code:
      if loc_integer01==1 then
        call UnitDamageTarget(loc_unit01,loc_unit02,loc_real01,true,true,ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL,DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE,WEAPON_TYPE_WHOKNOWS)
    As you can see, when loc_integer01 is 1, it deals ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE which is magical damage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    That seems to be outdated. I checked in the map code.
    Corrosive skin adds a spellbook containing the slow aura and the visual effect to the unit.
    Damage is triggered. The line which deals the damage (loc_integer02 is the level of the ability):
    Code:
    call Func0109(loc_unit01,loc_unit02,1,5+5*loc_integer02)
    This is the relevant part of damage dealing function:
    Code:
      if loc_integer01==1 then
        call UnitDamageTarget(loc_unit01,loc_unit02,loc_real01,true,true,ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL,DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE,WEAPON_TYPE_WHOKNOWS)
    As you can see, when loc_integer01 is 1, it deals ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_FIRE which is magical damage.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but AT: Spell DT: Magical is Magical damage. AT: Normal DT: Magical is Pure, which makes it even weirder. I guess I will have to test its behaviour in both wc3 and in Dota 2, as I'm almost sure there's nothing wrong with it

Basic Member
    DT: Fire is essentially same as DT: Magical
    Attack type spell is called ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL in JASS.
    Attack type normal is called ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE in JASS. (Weird Blizzard)
    Pure damage is AT: Hero DT: Magic
    Last edited by crinckle; 07-24-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    DT: Fire is essentially same as DT: Magical
    Attack type spell is called ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL in JASS.
    Attack type normal is called ATTACK_TYPE_MELEE in JASS. (Weird Blizzard)
    Pure damage is AT: Hero DT: Magic
    Oh, thanks for that, will remember.

Also, I've done some testing. First of all, in wc3 Viper's Corrosive skin doesn't affect ancients at all. Then I tested Poison Sting which actually damages them (unlike in Dota 2, where it doesn't). Can't test how CS works on heroes, but I'm assuming it's been recoded to magical damage.
    As of Dota 2, I've mentioned that the effect applies to ancients, but doesn't damage them. It also affects ghost sceptered units, which indeed proves it to be magical.

So, there's definitely a problem with magic immunity and certain spells. This could also be an intended change which noone is allowed to know of aside from Valve, but it's not confirmed so we can call it a bug