Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battle Hunger doesn't get removed when Serpent/Plague/Death Wards kills unit

Battle Hunger doesn't get removed when Serpent/Plague/Death Wards kills unit

Intended: Follows same rules as Blade Mail

Axe's Battle Hunger doesn't get removed when...
    - one of the Mass Serpent Wards of Shadow Shaman kills a unit for him
    - a Plague Ward of Venomancer kills a unit for him
    - the Death Ward of Witch Doctor kills a unit for him

they should be letting them get cleared off from the Battle Hunger, they are not more than extensions to their owners, like their arms and legs and weapons and projectiles

Axe's Battle Hunger has to get corrected in a way that it credits the Mass Serpent Ward kills, Plague Ward kills and Death Ward kills to their owner
    Last edited by bu3ny; 10-08-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Is this the same as Wc3 though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

You've asked a yes/no question, but I don't know if the yes or the no will be the correct answer to it

Basic Member
    I thought this one was already reported?

Or was it only for Blade Mail/Spiked Carapace/Corrosive Skin? Has Last Will been reported?

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    You've asked a yes/no question, but I don't know if the yes or the no will be the correct answer to it
    I don't understand-->(Maybe it seems that the ban created an attitude problem whereby your usual helpful comment have been replaced by sarcastic/cynical wit?)
    Either way your initial report was not fully explained or clarified like your usual self D=

bugs are defined by parity.
    Thus your initial post was wrong...
    If you are trying to redefine mechanics then you are in the wrong forum for such things.
    A lot of mechanics don't follow logic/

Anyway I will go test

Wc3 interaction

Venomancer plague ward does not clear battle hunger on kill
    Rhasta's Serpent wards do not clear battle hunger on kill

These are what the Dota2 interactions should be.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 07-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Crowfeather, the wording of your question was ambiguous.

Kills by these wards do remove Battle Hunger from the owning hero of the wards in DotA 1.

Quote Originally Posted by imxtrabored View Post
    Crowfeather, the wording of your question was ambiguous.

Kills by these wards do remove Battle Hunger from the owning hero of the wards in DotA 1.
    Niether remove the buff.
    What he is suggesting is a difference in mechanics. -->? This is the wrong forum
    Also how is asking if Wc3 interactions are the same as Dota2 interactions ambiguous. --> Surely this basics of what a gameplay bug is--> parity issue.

Or maybe he got confused to what I meant by this? Either way the intentions could be clarified in the answer. Instead of giving a straight yes/no ?

I go test with hero kills -->

Venomancer plague wards do not remove buff on hero kill
    Shadow shaman's Serpent wards do not remove buff on hero kill
    Voljin's Death ward removes buff on kill

--> So interactions are working normally?

I believe the only reason why such a thing happens for Voljin is because his is a channel ability -->

////thread --> Put this at playdota.com

Also this is a duplicate http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=39420
    I am surprised that you didn't search...

Matter was closed pretty much with
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    I've closed the thread in the main section for now.

Technically, the killer must be the unit affected by battle hunger. Player-owned units cant dispel it for the hero.

But there's an exception for units that have the marker ability. For these purposes, AFAIK you'd only have to consider plague, serpent and nether wards.

How battle hunger works is if the killer is owned by the affected hero/player, and has marker ability, the hero will be considered the killer instead. This is so certain spells that are cast by dummy units (which have marker) will be properly recognized as having been cast by the hero instead.

Regardless I'm quite certain this is an intended change. The three wards have marker for other reasons (avoidance of most aoe spells), and all other player-owned units won't dispel hunger. Lycan's wolves for example.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 07-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Crowfeather, please test it once again with having picked Venomancer last
    then test again with having picked Rhasta the last
    then again with having Witch Doctor picked last
    do not pick Axe or any hero after having picked those

It is not really necessary to restart the game everytime, you only have to be picking those specific heroes as your last heroes

It is as imxtrabored said, I was unsure of what answer to give your question, becuase the question wasn't clear
    "Is this the same as Wc3 though?"
    what do you mean by "this" there?
    my answer would be yes if you meant what I offered it to be with that "this", and no if otherwise

My post on top of this thread suggests the W3 interaction to be brought over to Dota 2, as you would expect from me

So... chill
    :D

and test again as I explained above, so that your confusion will be resolved for sure

Crowfeather, you are becoming quite obnoxious there...

First you were accusing me of not following the W3 DotA interaction
    then you have switched into the intended fix argument, which is actually the entire opposite of what you were supporting in the previous line

As I know, as DLRevan probably also knew but didn't realize by then, although Serpent and Plague wards have the Marker ability, they are still being affected by the Chronosphere, while Chronosphere generally actually excludes the units with the Marker ability. This itself proves that there is nothing desperate about having exceptions for wards anywhere. Same thing could easily be done with the Battle Hunger, and isn't
    Same thing could be done with anything, from Blade Mail to Last Will of Necronomicon, but isn't
    yet it is being done for the Chronosphere

Please try to remain consistent on your opinions,
    you once start talking about regarding the W3 DotA behaviour, then you go find a post where someone explains his train of thought and tells that in his opinion it is an intended change and bring it to here
    ... making it truly hard to keep on regarding your posts/questions

Well there are some posts by the applesin I remember.

I had on idea that last pick would affect this My bad
    Also finally you give an explanation. You could of just done that and interpreted what I said to begin with. Or just explained what you were confirming?

Anyway this is still a duplicate also what happened to your old full explanation style D=?
    Also I was pointing simply pointing out a duplicate and what the dev said on it. I didn't think there was any need for a whole new thread for the same issue was closed a year ago. Hence why I pointed it out
    The quote was not a point on my argument it was simply after the ///thread --> a P>s as you will noting other information sources.
    I would of included it in the main body if it was meant as a main point. Sorry for the confusion =D

Also whats with the font change? Is this your new style o.O?

Applesin and reason 1. Crowfeather and idiocracy 0

Oh also a relevant duplicate reference then would be http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=48137
    This confuses me. Maybe the guy testing was following the same mistake as I was?
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 07-20-2013 at 04:57 PM.