Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the shop ever get more organized?!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hurt View Post
    /thread

No srsly, I think this is a problem coming along with many games. There is no way to design a shop that everyone can find everything in less than a second.
    Just get used to the shop and you start to remember where the items are.

The only thing I can imagine would be a very very small shop interface, consisting of a search bar, which gets auto-focus.
    Explanation:

You click on a shortcut, a search bar opens and you can directly start typing in the item's name. (Without clicking on it first, like in the current shop)
    The item appears and you can buy it.
    Keep in mind that this SHOULD NOT replace the existing shop. This should be implemented as an ADDITION, so that buying items on a lane is more easier when you don't know where the items are in the actual shop.

Regards
    No it's not /thread and it's a pathetic attempt to try brush of a very serious issue. Are you really are suggesting that people will have to learn of the names of ALL the items in game as a effective way of getting items through the shop ?

Basic Member
    only read first page.

but cmon can all the LoL scrubs Please get out of this convo ? the layout is fine actually its the same as it has ALWAYS been, only difference is that you have all the vendors in the same shop, i know how Lol and the new Hon shop looks like i still use the old one. If you dont know the items Nor the shop why are you even in beta what construcitve imput do you have? and for the future new players; they should learn/get a general idea of builds etc from guides / practice mode before they even start playing proper games. Why should the shop be changed when 10mill people had no trouble learning it ? it took me 1 game to learn the new layout, the only reason i got out of fountain at 00:02 was because the Right click buy confused me, as im used to left click.

if we wanna talk constructive about the shop then we could suggest them adding Hotkeys to it(maybe it is already there i cant find it) but atleast show the letter on the item so i can start learning the buy binds ><

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandus View Post
    No it's not /thread and it's a pathetic attempt to try brush of a very serious issue. Are you really are suggesting that people will have to learn of the names of ALL the items in game as a effective way of getting items through the shop ?
    You saw the word "ADDITIONAL" didn't you?
    And yes, you should learn item names and I think everyone learns them without the actual purpose of learning them. The names just get into your head when you play the game and when you start using the item..

Regards

Basic Member
    There is 100% no reason to require 2 clicks to get to any item. There is ample space to have every single icon already shown.

Here's a 'pro' tip for you: The success of dota is going to ride on the conversion of newbies and those 'LoL scrubs'. There is absolutely no reason for the shop's design to remain obtuse simply because that is how it was in dota1. It's also extremely unreasonable to ask new players, especially ones who maybe don't have much time to play games, to memorize each item in the game, their name, and their attributes. Valves design philosophy is ease of use, and right now it's not showing through. A simple shop, arranged by categories of attributes, would go a long way to newer players being able to recognize what items do what, while hardcore players could still use the search bar.

The gameplay is what made Dota 1, not the GUI. Upgrade and refine it for the benefit of all players.

You can't simplify the shops like LoL does, in my opinion. For example, if you organize by +hp, you could get a bristleback building aghanims...

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    hardcore players could still use the search bar.
    what

Basic Member
    Hey I made a similar thread that had more solutions to how we can fix the current shop system. Unfortunately it got closed because one of the mods felt it was too similar to this thread.

Check it out: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=10273&page=2

Basic Member
    i don't find the shop that confusing since it's based on DotA 1 shops.
    still need more practice though^^

My Suggestions:

Baseshop:
    -Improve the Visuals to eazily recognize if u'r on Basics or Upgrades
    -Add more different icons and/or colors to the categories (attributes, armaments and arcane look the same)
    (-put tp on top of consumables)
    (-Change the word Upgrades to Recipes :P)

Sideshop:
    -Don't track the last page selection of the sideshop.
    i find it kinda frustrating if u'r in need of a quick tp to search and not finding it cause u bought ur belt of giant strength(it's on page 2) 15 min before.

I just hope they let us customize our suggested items.

Sometimes it sucks having to search for items that aren't in our suggested, like blink for Slardar or Alchemist and such...

Sometimes search can be tedious for me, but I find a shit ton easier than trying to find it through all of the shops lol, that's why I've never had any problems with the shop.

One suggestion I HAVE seen and that I agree with is SHOP CONSISTENCY. Someone made the note of how TP scroll is like the 6th item in base, but it's the first item at the sideshop.

So what I end up doing is accidentally opening the shop right before I get to side shop (i use the button, not click on the shop), and it still shows me the base shop interface, so the TP scroll is the 6th item instead of the top item, but i'm so used to it being on top that my mouse is already there waiting to buy one.... they should make it consistent.. at least for that item.

Basic Member
    I agree with Syn[o]nyM in all points, what i want to add to his suggestions: make the icons much much bigger - it does not have to look like in Dota 1 but now its really too small. Its too hard to quick buy tp's etc if u'r at side/secret shops