Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the shop ever get more organized?!

Will the shop ever get more organized?!

Will we ever see the shop in a more organized and categorized display?

Take League of legends shop as an example....This is how the shop should look like ...

(Forget about you will know the items place when u play more .. for someone who is new it's pretty pretty hard to decide which items to buy during the game because the shop is just a mess!)

Did you see the suggested items panel?
    For newbies:

Open shop
    right click on item
    ???
    profit

Also, do not say this sucks, that stinks. Let valve know how it can be improved. Give details about your idea.

Thank you for your reply ..

Well suggested items are not usually the best or sometimes you want to buy another item! Plus having a suggested items panel isn't a solution to a not well organized shop, which is a problem in my opinion.

Items should be categorized in such way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgRYm7dPZs
    Last edited by BiRo; 12-03-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiRo View Post
    Thank you for your reply ..

Well suggested items are not usually the best or sometimes you want to buy another item! Plus having a suggested items panel isn't a solution to a not well organized shop, which is a problem in my opinion.

Items should be categorized in such way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgRYm7dPZs
    Yes league of legends has the best shop system in da world.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Did you see the suggested items panel?
    For newbies:

Open shop
    right click on item
    ???
    profit

Also, do not say this sucks, that stinks. Let valve know how it can be improved. Give details about your idea.
    Suggested items do very little other then saying people "If you can't find items in here well then your fucked". The fact is the shop is dreadful and if you honestly think that it's a fantastic piece of UI design well you may need to get checked out.

Basic Member
    I like dota2's shop layout the way it is. League of legends shop is really bad cause it takes up so much space on the screen, i guess it works for that game because you can only buy items at the fountain. If dota2 were to have a bigger shop panel it'll be hard to see the screen imo, but there should be an option to let players resize the panel for people who prefer the simplicity or better shop

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pigleet View Post
    I like dota2's shop layout the way it is. League of legends shop is really bad cause it takes up so much space on the screen, i guess it works for that game because you can only buy items at the fountain. If dota2 were to have a bigger shop panel it'll be hard to see the screen imo, but there should be an option to let players resize the panel for people who prefer the simplicity or better shop
    I think your missing the point. We aren't talking about size, we are talking about layout.

Basic Member
    Yeah I don't really like the shop much in dota2, it would be nice to sort things out by what stats they have on them like the LoL store. Right now I just type things in the search box to find them but I played dota1 so long ago theres a bunch of new items that I'm not familiar with so having them organized by stats/attributes would help me find maybe some new items in situations where I want like "health" or "int" ect. I play a lot with my friend who has basically no dota1 experience and I can tell you when he started he had a really hard time finding items without me suggesting something for him.

I never played League of Legends but judging from the video it would just take more space and be slower in general.

We dont need a big flashy shop.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandus View Post
    I think your missing the point. We aren't talking about size, we are talking about layout.
    Yes i know, but the layout can't get much better without increasing the size, unless you want to scroll through lots of pages