Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Culling Blade kill, speeds up the movement of illusions and nonhero

[Confirmed] Culling Blade kill, speeds up the movement of illusions and nonhero

Axe's Culling Blade threshold-kill increases the movement speed of the illusions and non-hero units that were in the AoE
    Culling Blade kill should only and strictly affecting nearby allied Heroes

illusions aren't to be regarded as heroes
    and non-hero units like Spirit Bear, summoned Wolves or whatsoever shouldn't be gaining movement speed bonus from that either

Axe's Culling Blade has to get corrected in a way that its threshold-kill does not grant movement speed bonus to the non-hero units or the illusions, leaving only the heroes as affected

Basic Member
    , Axe and nearby allied units gain bonus movement speed. nowhere in the ability does it says only heroes

... and I couldn't care less about that

Basic Member
    i dont understand your point of creating a thread then you want a skill changed according to your liking ?

It is not according to my liking, it is about how it acts in DotA, the original thing bro

Code:
    function Func0308 takes nothing returns boolean
      return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_HERO)==true and IsUnitEnemy(GetTriggerUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetFilterUnit()))==false and(GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetFilterUnit(),'A04R')==0 and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE)==false and Func0184(GetFilterUnit())==false)and(IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_ANCIENT)==false or Func0267(GetFilterUnit()))
    endfunction
    these are the conditions for the movement speed bonus to get applied on a unit, there are two last conditions that are not listed in here, which are:
    - the unit has to be within the 625 range around the Axe, the killer, could as well be Rubick
    - the unit has to be not-hidden, so not Disrupted or Astral Imprisoned or being in Snowball or whatever

the translation of the list of conditions above is:
    - the unit has to be a hero
    - the unit should not be an enemy of the killer, in other words, has to be an ally of the killer
    - the unit should not have that A04R ability
    - the unit should not be a structure
    - the unit should not be Func0184, in other words, dead
    - the unit either should not be an ancient or be Func0267 (this 0267 returns true if the unit was a Spirit Bear or a currently-unusued unit Ignis Fatuus; but keep in mind that both of them are not heroes)

just trust in my words, I don't report things according to my liking
    I rarely do it, here is an example how I do it, with some good reasoning, and a disclaimer along with it: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=98608

I may occasionally be wrong, of course, we all make mistakes
    in that case, it should be enough for you to say that you have tested it over in DotA, and tell me that I have been incorrect according to your testings over DotA

but not with the tooltips, tooltips can easily be wrong
    for example the courier edition Armlet in DotA says that it drains 37 HP per second, but it actually drains 40 HP per second just like the normal Armlet

see you around bro, I hope we're good

Quote Originally Posted by coolcows View Post
    i dont understand your point of creating a thread then you want a skill changed according to your liking ?

If you'd just have any idea how much the spell's tooltip are missing information, or are wrong, or unclear, misleading, confusing... :/
    The most reliable source is the codes of the spells from DotA1.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    we are good already i am just having a friendly discussion . mayb it was intended change. especially with illusions if the illusions do not get the bonus movement speed it will get really easy to make out the correct illusion. i mostly feel if the ability says allied units it must include all friendly units including summons and illusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    It is not according to my liking, it is about how it acts in DotA, the original thing bro

Code:
      return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_HERO)==true and IsUnitEnemy(GetTriggerUnit(),GetOwningPlayer(GetFilterUnit()))==false and(GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetFilterUnit(),'A04R')==0 and IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE)==false and Func0184(GetFilterUnit())==false)and(IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(),UNIT_TYPE_ANCIENT)==false or Func0267(GetFilterUnit()))
    endfunction
    these are the conditions for the movement speed bonus to get applied on a unit, there are two last conditions that are not listed in here, which are:
    - the unit has to be within the 625 range around the Axe, the killer, could as well be Rubick
    - the unit has to be not-hidden, so not Disrupted or Astral Imprisoned or being in Snowball or whatever

- the unit should not be an enemy of the killer, in other words, has to be an ally of the killer
    - the unit either should not be an ancient or be Func0267 (this 0267 returns true if the unit was a Spirit Bear or a currently-unusued unit Ignis Fatuus; but keep in mind that both of them are not heroes)

I rarely do it, here is an example how I do it, with some good reasoning, and a disclaimer along with it: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=98608

in that case, it should be enough for you to say that you have tested it over in DotA, and tell me that I have been incorrect according to your testings over DotA

for example the courier edition Armlet in DotA says that it drains 37 HP per second, but it actually drains 40 HP per second just like the normal Armlet

Basic Member
    btw if u read the ability description on playdota about dota1 it explicitly states allies and in dota2 it states allied units. quite a subtle difference dont u think ?

Code:
    endfunction

Quote Originally Posted by coolcows View Post
    btw if u read the ability description on playdota about dota1 it explicitly states allies and in dota2 it states allied units. quite a subtle difference dont u think ?
    thanks for your report, but the PlayDotA Hero Pages correction requests are meant to go over there: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517
    and you may report Dota 2 tooltip faults over there: http://dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There really isn't anything bonding about tooltips or any text you see at anywhere in the game, or on any website
    There are a bunch of generic filters-functions that are being used all over the map script

From Func0265 to Func0336, there are altogether 71 generic filter-functions,
    but IceFrog had chosen the Func0308 for the filtering of the whichever units to get speed-boosted by the Culling Blade killing blow

such things aren't mistakes, I am sure he doesn't roll for a random number and choose that function
    we are ought to take them as decisions of Ice

Basic Member
    ok please use simple english i didnt understand a single word what u wrote above i didnt mean to report or something i was just asking u to see the skill description of both axe dota1 and dota2 and mayb the culling blade change in dota2 was intended thats what i was mentioning
    thanks for your report, but the PlayDotA Hero Pages correction requests are meant to go over there: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11517
    and you may report Dota 2 tooltip faults over there: http://dev.dota2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

There really isn't anything bonding about tooltips or any text you see at anywhere in the game, or on any website
    There are a bunch of generic filters-functions that are being used all over the map script

From Func0265 to Func0336, there are altogether 71 generic filter-functions,
    but IceFrog had chosen the Func0308 for the filtering of the whichever units to get speed-boosted by the Culling Blade killing blow

such things aren't mistakes, I am sure he doesn't roll for a random number and choose that function
    we are ought to take them as decisions of Ice