Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Explored vs Unexplored areas

I agree that the color must be more distinguishable.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimskeet View Post
    Yeah right cause that is what will judge the winner of the game... the ability to blink in trees and to tp with furion in unexplored areas.... I have news for you..... In hon Magina isn't always winning the games... Nymphora ( has the skill of furion to tp anywhere but doesnt have unexplored idiotic mechanics in it... ) again doesnt win always the game... Neither those 2 are overpowered heroes...
    For Nymphora its an ultimate whereas Furion is a normal spell. And I never said it would judge the winner of the game, I am saying that it will give those heroes ridiculous early game advantages allowing them to get really fed early game. That can aid in a team winning if by mid game your AM, NP, and QoP are out-leveling everyone by 4 to 5 levels. Stop bringing up HoN examples because they provee nothing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Wouldn't he die pretty immediately in that situation?

btw I've never seen that happen and you could just use clockwerks missile to explore that area (or even your own courier )
    You usually buy flying, use it to scout for enemy courier, buy tp scroll, teleport in, one shot courier, use tp scroll back home. You do not need to stand in the fountain area to kill the courier.

Basic Member
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************

EVERYONE COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD:

Go read the "blink to fog thread" it talks about many of the same issues. I posted many points about how unexplored areas affect gameplay, and that it's not arbitrary. I also know you can scout with crow, but I've also made points against this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nattfrosten View Post
    You usually buy flying, use it to scout for enemy courier, buy tp scroll, teleport in, one shot courier, use tp scroll back home. You do not need to stand in the fountain area to kill the courier.
    Well, but that issue doesn't get solved by "unexplored areas" ???
    You wrote that you would buy flying courier and use that to scout. But when you scouted the area you could teleport to it anyway... With or without unexplored area doesn't make any difference.

Translator
    So many pages of pointless discussion.

To everyone reading this:

THE UNEXPLORED AREAS WERE ALREADY REMOVED IN DOTA AND THEN ADDED BACK IN A NEXT VERSION ON PURPOSE BY ICEFROG.

And believe me, unexplored areas in Dota 2 didn't just come out of nowhere. They had to implement it manually, just like everything else. This game is written from the ground up. Now ask yourself this: If Ice wouldn't want unexplored areas, why did she instruct the team to code it into the game?

Translator
    And to stay on topic, I heavily support OP's suggestion to make unexplored/fow more distinguishable.

I agree that we should be able to better differentiate between explore/unexplored. It's a little hard to do so right now. Even so, I may not like the mechanic, but I see that it serves a purpose within this game.

Seven pages of blah blah. Topic is unexplored area is very hard to distinguish.

Closed.

Moved to minimap.