Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Explored vs Unexplored areas

Basic Member

Explored vs Unexplored areas

If you don't use minimap background colors, you can't tell explored from unexplored areas when you're looking around in fog.

In dota 1 they have two different looks, dark and darker fog. In dota 2 it's all the same color - which makes it really difficult for some heroes, such as Furion, to know where he can TP.

Basic Member
    This, or remove unexplored areas completely. Never liked that old WC3 mechanic.

Basic Member
    Well, make the only unexplored area the bases of each side. Since furion would be stupid if he could just tp into your fountain and kill your courier level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLuigi View Post
    Definitely. It was an unnecessary mechanic that was carried over from Warcraft 3, where it was used to prevent the use of Blink to scout certain areas.

Basic Member
    I cant tel difference between the 2 on the ingame screen. minimap is fine. needs to be changed cause its difficult to blink to areas in some scenarios

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedRager View Post
    Since furion would be stupid if he could just tp into your fountain and kill your courier level 1.
    Wouldn't he die pretty immediately in that situation?

btw I've never seen that happen and you could just use clockwerks missile to explore that area (or even your own courier )

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLuigi View Post
    This.

Basic Member
    If I have to rank stupid mechanics that are ported from dota 1 unexplored areas is number 1 for sure. It serves NO purpose. If you want to prevent from furion porting into base just make it so that it's impossible to port in that area, just like in HoN. This is not wc3, there is no need to use stupid mechanics to achieve things.

Core Tester
    I would bet large amounts of money that Ice could get rid of unexplored areas if she wanted to in wc3 dota. Thus my conclusion is that it does serve a purpose, even if you don't know what it is.

Basic Member
    It serves no purpose.

Furion's teleport could merely be forced into not being able to teleport into the base without creep support.