Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Nature's Guise makes checks in 0.5 secs instead of having 1 sec grace time

[Fixed] Nature's Guise makes checks in 0.5 secs instead of having 1 sec grace time

Treant Protector's Nature's Guise ability checks for the presence of nearby trees in 0.5 sec intervals periodically,
    it should be rather making checks frequently, and having a 1 second of grace time that starts counting down when you are not close enough to a tree

Treant Protector's Nature's Guise should be corrected in a way that it constantly checks for the trees within the set AoE around the guised unit;
    > counts down from 1 as soon as there is not a single tree in that AoE;
    >>> reveals the unit when the countdown timer times out,
    >>> resets the countdown timer back to 1 and pauses/ditches it, if there happens to be a tree in that AoE again before the countdown timer times out

ideally, there can be a secondary buff icon next to the current Nature's Guise buff icon, which;
    - remains at 100% swipe as long as you are close enough to trees
    - starts swiping down as soon as you get far
    - gets back to 100% again as you get back near to a tree
    - disappears as you become visible, either due to being afar too long, or time-out of the Guise

this could achieve a good indication of what's happening with the Nature's Guise

Footnote: There is one another thread that talks about this, but it is a horrible mess, as it starts off with a complete another bug, then switches into talking about this stuff
    it was wrong for them to having a discussion over a new bug appended to a previous bug that had been fixed, and I won't be carrying on from where they left,
    but to bring the credit to them, here's the link to that thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=85215

I confirm this bug ~

Heyy,welcome back man.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    Anything that improves how this skill functions would be a boon.

Basic Member
    Well, that explains why when I walk between two sets of trees the same distance apart, sometimes it breaks, sometimes it doesn't.

So basically:
    If I'm out of range of trees for 1/4th of a second, there's currently a 50/50 chance that it will check during that time and cancel my invisibility.
    But it sounds like it should work like this:
    Even if I'm out of range of trees for 9/10ths of a second, there should be a zero percent chance that my invisibility will be canceled.

This is a pretty massive difference.

I like how they didn't only fix this, but also added a status buff exactly like how you described it.
    Please, just call me buny.

I would not know that unless somebody had told me about it, thanks

Basic Member
    Sometimes I am surprised how incapable a programmer can be and still sit in some awesome company coding crap

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Illumnatu5 View Post
    Sometimes I am surprised how incapable a programmer can be and still sit in some awesome company coding crap
    a programmer is not necessary a dota mechanism expert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    a programmer is not necessary a dota mechanism expert
    They're not hard to learn at all.