Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is wrong with this Matchmaking system?

Basic Member
    From what I can tell from the recent dev posts, matchmaking doesn't account for the amount of wins after 75, it uses your (hidden) elo ranking instead.

go post every game we lost here, blame volvo not urself

OH WAIT WE DID IT ALRDY

Basic Member
    Fun game. Recommed to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Consural View Post
    No its not "game design".I'm saying we lost every fucking lane CRUSHINGLY.

I don't know about Valve,but if YOU think that 75 games are enough to properly rate a player,you don't know Dota.At all.
    I don't get what you're trying to say here. If Valve thinks 75 games are enough then it's a-ok (not to mention the dev stated they're basing off this conclusion out of their investigations), if I make the same claim, then I'm wrong? Besides that, even the lowest match count player had 300+ matches under their belt to show, so your point is moot.

game with 3 carry (2 of them late carry and w/o any escape) 1 supprt and 1 semisap semicarry with 1 stun and od 0,5 stun VS 1 late carry and 1 semi (bh) 2 supports and 1 jungler/splitpusher who can be in any place of map in seconds?
    u lost game ON PICK
    its OBVIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Devil View Post
    game with 3 carry (2 of them late carry and w/o any escape) 1 supprt and 1 semisap semicarry with 1 stun and od 0,5 stun VS 1 late carry and 1 semi (bh) 2 supports and 1 jungler/splitpusher who can be in any place of map in seconds?
    u lost game ON PICK
    its OBVIOUS
    Why did we lose on pick?Because a russian picked Drow ranger as the last hero when we already had a carry.

Why?

Because he is a bad player.

Why only does my team have the bad players?

Because of bad matchmaking.

Do I need to make it any more simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Consural View Post
    Why did we lose on pick?Because a russian picked Drow ranger as the last hero when we already had a carry.

Why?

Because he is a bad player.

Why only does my team have the bad players?

Because of bad matchmaking.

Do I need to make it any more simple?
    Matchmaking can't predict what you're going to pick and/or if your pick is going to be a good synergy to your comp or a good counter to your enemies. Keep at it, though, it's actually kind of funny to read these ludicrous statements.

he pick drow bcz he dont care about result in pub game mby?
    esp w/o visible MM
    ur pick was bad
    never pick hero who need farm in game with 4 random guys - they dont let u farm
    pl alch am od this heroes dont work on SoloQ
    they farm when their team suffer and lost towers
    if u wanna better games - PICK LAST

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    Matchmaking can't predict what you're going to pick and/or if your pick is going to be a good synergy to your comp or a good counter to your enemies. Keep at it, though, it's actually kind of funny to read these ludicrous statements.
    It can but Valve needs to implement it. As I've already repeatedly posted - make an option for the players to chose their role (and possibly line) prior to MM and then match them appropriately. Problem solved (downside - longer waiting times)

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingRiki182 View Post
    It can but Valve needs to implement it. As I've already repeatedly posted - make an option for the players to chose their role (and possibly line) prior to MM and then match them appropriately. Problem solved (downside - longer waiting times)
    and what lane composition should the matchmaker use? 1-1-1-2? 3-1-2? What team strat should the matchmaker use? Late game hard carry? Early pushing? Mid-game dominance? Teamfight dominance? Gank-heavy team?