Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is wrong with this Matchmaking system?

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Devil View Post
    he pick drow bcz he dont care about result in pub game mby?
    esp w/o visible MM
    Aren't you one of those people who is against visible MMR?
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    and what lane composition should the matchmaker use? 1-1-1-2? 3-1-2? What team strat should the matchmaker use? Late game hard carry? Early pushing? Mid-game dominance? Teamfight dominance? Gank-heavy team?
    Whatever it will use, it will still be better then 1 support 4 heavy carry (not to mention when you pick your role you can always discuss your plans in-game but even if you dont it will still be better then the situation that we have right now!). It will be an improvement anyhow you look at it. This is just the basic concept of that idea - I can go on and on how to counter the emerging problems but I dont see any point in doing that. It will get burried like the other times I mentioned this and like the other good suggestions (made by other people) that were just ignored by devs on this forum.

And btw 3-1-2 = 6
    Last edited by BlinkingRiki182; 07-22-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Consural View Post
    Why did we lose on pick?Because a russian picked Drow ranger as the last hero when we already had a carry.

Why?

Because he is a bad player.

Why only does my team have the bad players?

Because of bad matchmaking.

Do I need to make it any more simple?
    So your play was great? Dying to BH and maxing Greevil Greed while buying a Midas? I mean who needs mid game power when you then can work on a AC.

Quote Originally Posted by abc0815 View Post
    So your play was great? Dying to BH and maxing Greevil Greed while buying a Midas? I mean who needs mid game power when you then can work on a AC.
    he shure hes play was perfect
    thats why he make thread

Banned
    I'd really like to see you sneaky devil carry 4 newbies on your team while they are constantly feeding the enemy team.

just watched 5 mins of replay ROFL
    alch die to bh 2 times in 5 mins with kotl in lane and after first death he have 500 gold ( kotl let him all farm) but not buy wards and die 1 mins after that again
    MAN U LOWSKILL DEAL WITH IT AND DELETE THREAD ASAP BEFORE SOMEONE SEE UR FAIL

those stun attempts on hero WITH INVIS show me all ur VERY HIGH BRACKET u belongs
    Last edited by Sneaky Devil; 07-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    I'd really like to see you sneaky devil carry 4 newbies on your team while they are constantly feeding the enemy team.
    he was feeder in that game
    Last edited by Sneaky Devil; 07-22-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Basic Member
    No its not "game design".I'm saying we lost every fucking lane CRUSHINGLY.

I don't know about Valve,but if YOU think that 75 games are enough to properly rate a player,you don't know Dota.At all.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Devil View Post
    he pick drow bcz he dont care about result in pub game mby?
    esp w/o visible MM
    ur pick was bad
    never pick hero who need farm in game with 4 random guys - they dont let u farm
    pl alch am od this heroes dont work on SoloQ
    they farm when their team suffer and lost towers
    if u wanna better games - PICK LAST
    I know man,in most games I pick last.But this time,we had no hero to counter a free farming gyrocopter with.So I went on and picked 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    Matchmaking can't predict what you're going to pick and/or if your pick is going to be a good synergy to your comp or a good counter to your enemies. Keep at it, though, it's actually kind of funny to read these ludicrous statements.
    Matchmaking is supposedly based on player skill.If you matchmake a 100 win guy with minimal game understanding and hero knowledge,against some good players,its only normal that he picks ridicilous heroes..

Its not about "situation",its about player experience and mindset.NOT A SINGLE high-skilled player would have picked a carry when there is one already.

Quote Originally Posted by abc0815 View Post
    By the time I got those items the game was already over,they started feeding bottom lane pretty early.

Also,about maxing greevil's greed,how else can I counter a 5 MIN MIDAS GYROCOPTER that gets every single last hit because hard lane doesn't put any pressure and gets fed kills constantly?

For fuck's sake don't be this dumb...
    Last edited by Consural; 07-22-2013 at 09:17 AM.

No its not "game design".I'm saying we lost every fucking lane CRUSHINGLY.

I don't know about Valve,but if YOU think that 75 games are enough to properly rate a player,you don't know Dota.At all.
    75 games might not be enough. but a player with 75 wins played about 150 games. and that is in fact enough for the system to know how good he is. if he is in your match and it's a solo match he has maybe about the same mmr as you? or he queued for a very long time, so the search range was big. sometimes if one doesn't perform well, he could have just had a bad game like everyone has from time to time. and dota is really a pretty snowbally games:

today i saw a five-man-stack got crushed by another 5-man-stack. they queued again, played against the same stack and stomped. now blame the matchmaking system for one sided matches :D