Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What the hell is wrong with this Matchmaking system?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    75 games might not be enough. but a player with 75 wins played about 150 games. and that is in fact enough for the system to know how good he is. if he is in your match and it's a solo match he has maybe about the same mmr as you? or he queued for a very long time, so the search range was big. sometimes if one doesn't perform well, he could have just had a bad game like everyone has from time to time. and dota is really a pretty snowbally games. today i saw a five-man-stack got crushed by another 5-man-stack. they queued again, played against the same stack and stomped. now blame the matchmaking system for one sided matches
    He said 75 matches.Also,if these guys were good players and if we lost even though they played well,no one would complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Consural View Post
    He said 75 matches.Also,if these guys were good players and if we lost even though they played well,no one would complain.
    yeah, he did. but the dota dev said wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkingRiki182 View Post
    Whatever it will use, it will still be better then 1 support 4 heavy carry (not to mention when you pick your role you can always discuss your plans in-game but even if you dont it will still be better then the situation that we have right now!). It will be an improvement anyhow you look at it. This is just the basic concept of that idea - I can go on and on how to counter the emerging problems but I dont see any point in doing that. It will get burried like the other times I mentioned this and like the other good suggestions (made by other people) that were just ignored by devs on this forum.

And btw 3-1-2 = 6
    Huh, must've slipped my mind when I changed it from 2-1-2 to 3-1-1 since 2-1-2 is pretty pub standard.

Still, it doesn't change anything that discussing team comp with your allies would. If you can freely select any role, then it matters little for MM what you select, it can be the suckiest role you have or the best role you have. Not to mention that, unless you lock up heroes that fit the "search criteria" for the player (which would be a terrible idea; you would compromise a team's ability to adapt to their enemie's strats), then what role you select matters nothing. I can select support then pick a carry hero, so this solves nothing. Again, the issues I proposed are not for you to figure out how to solve, but to realize that the idea you're proposing has too many design flaws to be considered. Simply put, it'll be as much of a mess if you match around a team that's designed to work as a late game team only to have them decide they want to go for midgame dominance because of the enemy's picks and end up screwing up entirely because the roles they have to play are now different.

Quote Originally Posted by Consural View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
    "Noob" is a relative term. We don't consider a person with 150 games to be a "noob". We have some good data that by 75 wins (approx 150 games), Elo is pretty accurate, and so we rely on it almost exclusively at around that point. If you are getting matched with those players, it should be because your Elo is approximately the same. Parties can complicate things considerably. I might be able to provide further insight into why it thought the match would be a good one if you provide a MatchID.

Is 75 the wrong number? Should a person with 2000 wins complain about playing with you, since you are a "noob" with only 1000 wins?
    That was my bad, it was 75 wins.